Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63725.72

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I use to take ass loads of notes but that only goes so far. Like I have read before in theis thread

1. That player may have had an off night

2. Eventually you need to update all your notes because the point of poker is to improve so your notes may no longer be correct.

I just like potfan watch for how a player is betting according to the situation.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    I use to take ass loads of notes but that only goes so far. Like I have read before in theis thread

1. That player may have had an off night

2. Eventually you need to update all your notes because the point of poker is to improve so your notes may no longer be correct.

I just like potfan watch for how a player is betting according to the situation.
    These points have merit, but that's why I use overall stats to classify players more so than any one situation. I have found a fairly easy way to group players that isn't dependent on any one hand. Sometimes I've got the whole table coded before I see them play, then I can add details that either confirm or contradict, but generally they fall right where my system expected.

A solid LAG player and a solid TAG player are going to approach situations differently. Also, a player who averages $2 buy-ins but for some reason is at your table in a $109 is generally not going to play his normal game. Likewise for the reverse.

Experienced Member
    I usually document names upon first contact and refrain from any "labeling" until minimum second session against them or atleast 4-6 button rotations if a long first session. I play with a small notepad Live and usually use notepad on windows when online

I start out with taking notes on specific plays and as I gain more information I'll summarize the info at the top of the notes. And occasionally I kick myself for not reading the notes before playing a hand a certain way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHaversham View Post
    I take lots of notes...in the middle of something but I'll post a more thorough outline in a bit, but to sum up, I use OPR to check ABI's (to see if they are playing above or below their normal - usually a solid tell into what their style will be), and other stats, then I use color coding to differentiate players at a glance, and finally I add detailed notes about individual hands.

I can remember, especially when I focused primarily on mixed games, having notes on many players. The notes were universally negative, but vague. Then I started noticing those players were always at the FT's, so I realized my note-taking was almost pure tilt-reactions. Later, I was fortunate to learn some tips from the games bigger "balla's" at the time (pre-BF), and those served me well.
    funny i got donkey tags on some players that i see itm in big tourneys - wrong notes or they had a bad day. opr official poker ranking tell alot about a player too and is good tool to note
    Last edited by potfan42o; 11-14-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

Quote Originally Posted by potfan42o View Post
    funny i got donkey at some players that i see itm in big tourneys wrong notes or they had a bad day opr official poker ranking tell alot about a player too and is good tool to note
    I've noticed that quite a few players I have marked as donkeys make deep runs. I guess that style of play lets them make it far when they hit their cards. Not gonna complain though, they make money and they can stick around so I can make money off of them!

PokerOwned Veteran
    most the time i only take notes at final tables, but if some1 makes bad or great plays i'll take note

By taking notes, it makes you pay more attention to the whole game going on..
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Pro
    The best way , is to take as much note as you can on a hand they play. then just skim through it.. watever key hands they play and show. i usually take those down.

PokerOwned Pro
    each player has a different style when playing, play is to watch for analyzing movements and styles varied between them

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast