Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71298

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    tex
    PokerOwned Master

what are the chances

I play a lot of tourney poker for the most part top pair top kicker takes the pot .There are times when you hit a straight or flush, but for the most part you chase and don't hit .I was in a .o1/.02 ring game the winner was an ace high straight,jack high straight and two pair with no double on the board,this was back to back to back ,this seems far fetched to me and know how much poker rooms love rake you don't think they might be trying to get people hooked.
    Last edited by tex; 02-19-2014 at 08:32 AM.

There is no real answer to your question except sometimes the cards can run like that. I have played in a lot of tournaments where I have seen cards run good for someone several hands and then they go bust. If I could figure how that works I would be doing much better playing poker.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I've seen quads twice in a live tourney with only about 30 or 40 players. What are the odds of that? I've had and seen someone else have had AA in the hole back to back live. What are the odds of that? I'm not saying it is or isn't "rigged" online at some sites. But, they are going to earn revenue without cheating, so the risk of getting caught and losing your business seems unworthy the acceleration of profit. If you keep a catalog of hands and show that mathematically the percentage of outcomes is very askew or by some means show some sort of compelling evidence that the game is "rigged" I'd love to see it and it should be shared. But, if your really worried and can't prove anything, stick to the low limits and just try to enjoy the game or go play live.

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    I play a lot of tourney poker for the most part top pair top kicker takes the pot .There are times when you hit a straight or flush, but for the most part you chase and don't hit .I was in a .o1/.02 ring game the winner was an ace high straight,jack high straight and two pair with no double on the board,this was back to back to back ,this seems far fetched to me and know how much poker rooms love rake you don't think they might be trying to get people hooked.
    rare but anything can happen once those cards are set into place.....

Seasoned Veteran
    poker is poker just because the odds are low to see something like that doesnt mean it wont happen!

Seasoned Veteran
    just 2day i seen on swc a cash game a royal beat a str8 flush and 4 of a kind beat a lower one 2 bad they dont have a bad beat jackpot there

It is so sick when you see stuff like this. Clearly it is more prevalent in online poker than a real game which is exactly why I try to play online for fun and stick to Live events for serious play but I do understand how frustrating it is. I do....

PokerOwned Master
    I still think there is something with these online sites you can't be 100% that they aren't rigged in some way it's a computer! Yet everyone can say that it's just poker I wish someone would just do a study between live poker and online poker and the hands played and how many times percentages hit and everything. I still see all the time river suckouts on Carbon and can see it coming almost everytime!

PokerOwned Pro
    I said it 100 times Ill say it again - it is NOT rigged! It seems like it happens more online than live because online you see 3 times as many hands in a given period (if not more) and people play looser (many say because you dont 'see' your money getting wasted). The program necessary for the site to be cheating would have to be extremely advanced, almost to the point of it being an AI. Also it would be too noticeable by the players almost immediately. Furthermore, there is no reason for the sites to 'lure' you in - your already making your deposits and creating rake. BUT believe what you want - if you think its rigged then dont play, just quit and go play on Worldwinner or Yahoo and let us real poker players deal with it.

PokerOwned Pro
    Its funny, I have been playing on and off since 2005, and this conspiracy has been brought up so many times by so many people - yet if they really believed it then they wouldnt ever play - plus i think we would have figured it out by now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast