Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70763.18

TupacShockORaq

Is there code ethics in poker?

Do you think that pokers players have an ethical way to play or depends wich players?Poker players have respect with others players?Depends on wich country they are from?
    Please give me your answers and thanks in advance

I believe there is. I think players from different countries get a different table image. Especially those Scandi country loose guys!

I was playing a $5 buyin sat tourney that only paid first place. We were heads up and had been battling for about 15 minutes when my opponent was disconnected. He had the lead at the time and I considered him a tough opponent. For about a minute I took time and was going to allow him to attempt to come back. I then realized that although I would hope someone would do the same for me I wouldn't expect it. Essentially I decided to exploit an edge that I had and starting raising as quickly as possible to deplete his stack and win the blinds. He eventually returned with me having a about a 7to1 chip lead and I ended up winning it. My opponent made the comment that he would have waited and given me the time to come back especially since it was only a 5 dollar tourney.

The way I see it the buyin shouldnt matter and I feel I exploited an edge that was presented to me. Some people may see it as unethical or even downright wrong, but I do not believe this. I am curious as to how others view this type of situation and whether they think the amount of buyin should be taken into effect.

Zab
    I dont see this as an issue. I think each situation is different. I mean, you can't wait forever. It is online poker and not live. You have to take that into account and do whatever you can.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider88 View Post
    The way I see it the buyin shouldnt matter and I feel I exploited an edge that was presented to me. Some people may see it as unethical or even downright wrong, but I do not believe this. I am curious as to how others view this type of situation and whether they think the amount of buyin should be taken into effect.
    Yeah your right the buyin doesn't matter they say that they would wait but that is only because they were on the bad side of the situation and lets get real there is a very slim chance you will play the guy again. You were right to do what you did for I would place a substantial bet on if it had of been you you would have returned a 7to1 dog. No worries lad

vcr
    I see players playing like fools from any country, always "all in" and getting two pairs no matter they have on hands. Making players notes, will help to avoid some situations.

deletetest3
    If people cant afford a good internet connection and time out, hey, that isnt my problem. It's like if someone gets up to goto the bathroom in live play, we muck his hand. We dont wait for them