Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63710.34

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Master

Stop looking at poker the wrong way.

Its annoying to hear over and over people say, "omg he is such a donk played 46 against my QQ and he donked me what a fucking fish."
    Ok.
    Stop looking at poker as simply what you have.
    When you play like that you get into a rut where you wait and wait and then finally get a "good hand" and try to get it all in.
    STOP
    Go on pokerstars.tv and watch ANY of the tournaments on there. 3 Betting with 104 is second nature to some of those guys.
    And you can call them donks but I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you when dudes like Esfondiari have like 89 million in poker winnings.
    So the question is, why are you just popping allin with those queens preflop? Did that idiot make a mistake calling it with 10j? Sure. But why put yourself in a gamble situation?
    Take a hand I just watched.... majority of you guys would call hero a donk but thats why most of you are losing players...
    Hero- 10-4 on the co raises 3x
    button folds,
    sb 3bets
    bb folds
    hero 4 bets, BUT NOT ALL IN GOOD LORD.
    sb folds.

OK now it seems simple and you might be like yeah whatever, but seriously guys you can 3bet 4bet EVEN 5bet without putting all your chips in....

I could go on and on...

I whine like a 5 year old girl
    i own your soul!
    <TONelson> F'real I am glad you are still a MOD here man. You give a shit. That matters

PokerOwned Demi-God
    good point. Alot of players myself included like to get it all in preflop, our post flop skills need help. If i could have a little better post flop skills thk could do a lot better at the tables

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janish View Post
    Stop looking at poker the wrong way
    It is also possible in many instances you are looking at it the wrong way. It could be that in many instances people blow-up for a minute saying donk this, fish that, but they are just blowing off steam for a few minutes after a loss. The guys who go on and on, game after game about donks, shit players, rigged sites, it goes well beyond what you are discussing here....

For the most part there are some players who are mad for a minute because they were eliminated and let their temper get the best of them.

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    ...of course, that being said, there are a lot of Donk, Fish, Shit players at PokerOwned

But, that is expected when you are in the basement leagues LOL

Elite PokerOwned Member
    There is nothing wrong with playing marginal hands in deep stacked game although 10 4 is pushing it. There is a difference between playing these hand profitably and donking. For example you have 6 4 suited and are in the big blind. There is a 3x raise and one call and you 3 bet 2.5x. This is a strong play because the likely outcome is you will get at least one fold and your 6 4 suited has equity vs many hands that will call. There are many situations like these but there are a ton more where it is -ev to play these types of hands. In PO freerolls it is hard to ever justified playing these hand while maintaining +ev due to the aggressive players and the fast moving structure.

PokerOwned Pro
    yeah youll have thm type always, there good to listen to anyways

PokerOwned Master
    I agree completely. pre flop aggression is the key. learning how to use it more and more and realize that it is not the cards but how and when you play them.

Quote Originally Posted by WECpoker View Post
    It is also possible in many instances you are looking at it the wrong way. It could be that in many instances people blow-up for a minute saying donk this, fish that, but they are just blowing off steam for a few minutes after a loss. The guys who go on and on, game after game about donks, shit players, rigged sites, it goes well beyond what you are discussing here....
    I also like to sometimes fake a blow-up, depending on the situation... especially if I can time it right so it looks like I'm tilting just as I pick up a monster, it can be profitable

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast