Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63199.5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How many random trolls or scammers (or at least people who have eventually been kicked off the site) have you seen on your 6 months on here? This forum is open to the world to join. With that comes all sorts of people, both good and bad. I personally would rather focus on the likable, good players here. No reason why anyone else does or should matter. It's not like there is a shortage of people in this world...

Like our Motley Crew team is a great group, with great people, players, who all are open to discussing the game. Just think about it in those terms maybe? Who needs "that other type" of members around here? Avoid them if they aren't open to you/PO.

In addendum, whenever I sat down at any table for a decent buy in, a player at my table would almost always make fun of me for me "Team PokerOwned" avatar picture. I laughed it off, and honestly it only made me want to keep it some more.

Your best bet is too always focus on the positive. If you are able to find if only a few players which you know to be truly helpful and courteous, I would say you are money ahead And many times you will not get a response in tourneys due to the fact that some are watching there hand stats as opposed to the chat. I would not take it too personal and sometimes players are just jerks unfortunately.

Good Luck to you and don't lose faith in the goodness of others for I assure you that it still strives through all this chaos

-Stack

Elite PokerOwned Member IWASLION's Avatar
    As far as people responding at the tables, I normally have chat off unless its a PO game on merge; the other sites have such tiny boxes and I would rather have tourney info in them then watch 4 out of 10 people at the table type about how much better they are at poker then everyone else. On the topic of forums; PO is kinda going to draw more trolls and assholes than your average poker forum because a lot of money is available here, and actually succeeding at poker is only one of the ways to get some of it. Think of PO like you home-teams stadium, its full of people who are there for the same reason you are, and like the same thing you like, but there are also some drunks, assholes, trolls, and even a few thieves mixed in. For the most part just like most gathering places you need to focus on the positive and try and ignore the negative.

I'm like most people. I will happily talk to you if I see the chat. But most of the time I'm either multi-tabling and don't see most of the comments, or I don't even have chat up because I'm taking notes. If I notice another PO member, I'll try and say something, but I can be pretty oblivious to those things.

PokerOwned Master
    i turn chat off in most of my games apart from a couple of freerolls i play on here and the times i do have chat on then my HUD is usually covering it so i miss a lot of what people say. i always reply if i see someone said something to me though.

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    i agree with todd, i always try to be polite and say hello when i see other PO players in other tourneys! ive been playing online poker for a long time, i joined this forum to meet new players and win some $$$$$$$, not necessarily to learn!!

Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    First thank you all for your replies...second this was not a boo hoo session but a question of whether I am under the wrong impression of what a forum is "supposed" to be about...I am fully aware of the reasons I may or may not get a reply from someone at table...and after playing with a good many PO members for six months almost every day I pretty much know who and who does not say gg and nh...immaterial...I will always endeavor to do so with exceptions to multi tabling or multitasking myself...lastly and most importantly was the amount of open hostility, vulgarity and abject meanness I have witnessed...it is almost two thirds of the hands played a negative comment made at end of hand...no one should thank another for taking their chips but comments about mothers etc. have no place in my opinion...that was the reason for my asking about clarification on the function/purpose/meaning of a forum...is it a community or just a bunch of people chasing a free buck...I am cool with either (although I do have a preference)...I just want to know which is it...anyway thanks again to all PO members and good luck...I now return you to your regularly programed broadcast...
    Last edited by snklzona; 07-18-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12