Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64162.58

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sergeant
    I always bet hard, if you raised preflop, keep raisin, if they keep callin and not raisen thn u gotta go with what you feel, or just call yourself and hope to hit something big to get max out of it.

Elite PokerOwned Member bishking's Avatar
    I rarely play mid-pair with more than one player involve unless I have a feel for the players

Quote Originally Posted by BLINGBLAOW View Post
    play tighter, dont get in situations when all u have is middle pair, if ur calling preflop with middle pairs, either hit a set or dump it

best idea save you the max and if you hit the set hope to get paid
    poker terminology-
    Drawing Dead: If you call and hit your one outer.... I will kill you..!

PokerOwned Master
    Position is the most important thing.
    Early
    With TT+ almost always raise in early pos. With the lower middle pairs, however, it can change. It can depend on what your table has been doing. If ppl constantly three bet the standard 3BB raise it honestly is best just to toss 'em. You can come in with a raise if the table is generally tight and straightforward. If its early in a SnG or MTT just fold. Later on when blinds are worth stealing you should let out a raise if again, the table is generally tight AND you have a rep to play only strong hands. What you don't want to do in early position is limp. You will get too many callers and more importantly you will be out of position and you wont be believeable if you try to bet out on a flop you think they missed.

Middle
    If you are the first person in, you should come in with a raise.
    If there are limpers before you, you can limp in behind those players also. If it was just a single limper, you can maybe put in a raise to get everyone else out of the pot. Then you'll have it heads up against the limper in position who probably has a marginal hand.

If someone raises before you, you really should fold 77-99 in middle position. If you have TT and JJ, call or re-raise, depending on the playing style of the raiser. If he is fairly tight, you can just call and see whats goin on after the flop. If the original raiser is loose, you also can just 3-bet him and most likely get him heads up in position.

Late
    Obviously you can play middle pairs late. If there are multiple limpers, just call and go mining for set. If you have tt or jj you can raise limpers and try to play heads up or three at flop, because those hands are semi made without a set anyway.
    Now the next point is important. You can play middle pairs with a raiser in front of you IF they are not a short stack. The reason being short stacks tipically will just push regardless postflop, and usually you will be behind if you dont hit your set. Because they are short you cant chase them out with a raise.
    GL

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I sometimes play middle pair if I feel my opponent doesn't have top pair

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Its about your Gut people and your reads. The main thing about Poker boils down to your reads!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    @janish: nice explanations, thanks for this.

Master Sergeant
    good

PokerOwned Master
    yea janish at least in terms of position I think you had the best breakdown on how to play middle pairs

PokerOwned Master
    but what exactly do you consider middle pairs to be I was wondering this?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast