Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63333.92

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey4141 View Post
    I guess its good bc if u get lucky u could achieve a large stack to start!
    But why play a game of "skill" like its bingo? early on i can see taking a risk with a decent hand but to gamble with trash like you see ALOT do is just mind boggling
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Parlay Champion
    Playing a little looser isnt bad in that situation ..... obviously "bad" is dumb though

Quote Originally Posted by zingbust View Post
    How can this be a good strategy? I know many of us do this, but how can it be good?
    imo, i absolutely HATE when players do this, i mean its nice to double up off idiots, but most shove med. hands and get lucky! esp. when im only trying to fire 1 bullet, 2 at most!

Quote Originally Posted by suited88 View Post
    imo, i absolutely HATE when players do this, i mean its nice to double up off idiots, but most shove med. hands and get lucky! esp. when im only trying to fire 1 bullet, 2 at most!
    Then fold, no one MAKES you call with high PP/AK or AQ, but id rather have these people play the way they do and get my money in good, more often then not thats a boon not a bad thing.
    The best thing I can say is, this makes the game a LOT easier, not harder. Your choices to play the hand or not just got REAL simple, so take advantage of this situation, or fall behind the rest that are adjusted to this play
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by P0K3R4F00D View Post
    gotta love the players who dont pay attention to when the rebuys or re-entries are over. feels good to be sittin with a bigstack and watch all these players shove wit crap to try an dbl up while the prizes keep rising
    This is honestly one of the best ways to build your stack in a microstake MTT. More often than not, I can grow a 10K stack into a 30K stack early on by abusing the people who think all-inning with any hand to steal blinds and double up on what they're hoping is a coinflip. Half these people are only playing that way in hopes that every one else at the table will play the same way.

well, I could go either way with this strategy. It CAN work - but there's a few things to consider if this is what you're going to do.

1 Playing "badly" - advertising - is something that works only against familiar opponents. If you bust out with 5-8 suited, the only value you have is that some more sensible players at the table will be more likely to call you when you have a premium hand, remembering that you push with trash. If you rebuy and get put on another table, they won't remember your play and your advertising is essentially wasted.

2. understand that you will get no respect and very little chance of getting away with bluffs.

3. This strategy will give you higher variance - so its more likely to give you a monster stack early, but you'll be busting out a bunch more, so be ready to have the sufficient BR to back it up.

PokerOwned Master
    I am not sure how this can be productive to your game but I guess I have a lot more to learn cause I am the one usually rebuying into tourney anyway. lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    Ive only done this on freerolls between acr and bcp lol.. i never have enough money to buy in constantly

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zingbust View Post
    How can this be a good strategy? I know many of us do this, but how can it be good?
    i think you're missing the point. its not to play good, it's to play 4 the lolz and entertainment

Elite PokerOwned Member maxima191's Avatar
    Hate those tourneys.
    "Take My Bankroll-Plz!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast