Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70410.85

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Implied Odds

Seasoned Veteran

Implied Odds

When you're sitting at home watching WSOP or Poker After Dark and WPT you'll hear "He was getting 4-1 on that call" or in a tourney and you bluff a dead board you'll hear someone say, "Nice raise, but I was getting 2-1 on that hand". Correct me if I'm wrong, but What they're talking about is, if they make their outs then they'll be paying a percent of the pot size or risking chips for a valuable hand like a flush.

Anyone think in terms of pot odds/implied odds in live play?

I'd like to throw this in with my game, but im not sure how it looks.

Survey Master
    Quote Originally Posted by F4s7R View Post
    When you're sitting at home watching WSOP or Poker After Dark and WPT you'll hear "He was getting 4-1 on that call" or in a tourney and you bluff a dead board you'll hear someone say, "Nice raise, but I was getting 2-1 on that hand". Correct me if I'm wrong, but What they're talking about is, if they make their outs then they'll be paying a percent of the pot size or risking chips for a valuable hand like a flush.

Anyone think in terms of pot odds/implied odds in live play?

I'd like to throw this in with my game, but im not sure how it looks.
    i think youre incorrect here man. sounds like you are describing pot odds in these situations. i think pot odds and implied odds are 2 totally different things.

What they're talking about is, if they make their outs then they'll be paying a percent of the pot size or risking chips for a valuable hand like a flush.

thats is implied odds there.

Seasoned Veteran
    Oh, when HUD is up (usually I play no-hud and take notes) it does have a "Pot Odds" section of the calculator.

Poker Pot Odds | Using Pot Odds In Poker

"Remember! You should only call if the pot odds are greater than the "card odds" (odds of completing your draw)."

So in a half-pot bet into a pot of would be 1:3 implied odds. you'd need card odds of 1:2 or have the nuts to make the call.

Seasoned Veteran
    CORRECTION! If there's a half pot bet on the flop, 4:1 odds you can call. On the turn you must have 2:1 or greater.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Implied odds are how much u can get out of villain if ur hand does hit, pot odds are the odds u have each time the action is on u. Also to make calls based on pot odds u need to know percentages/odds of hitting each out, the odds for drawing to a flush arent the same as drawing to an open-ended straight.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Also, poker is nothing but a game of odds n percentages, if u arent using these things in ur game already i suggest u learn em. Otherwise ur just gambling n not making the best possible decisions for the right reasons.

PokerOwned God
    Odds are for the birds, I just go with my gut, lol. It works for me.

I've tried and tried to understand pot odds and implied odds,,, just can't get a grasp of it.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

pot odds is simple ~~ implieed is what you could win/overall all tied into 1

Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmo View Post
    Also, poker is nothing but a game of odds n percentages, if u arent using these things in ur game already i suggest u learn em. Otherwise ur just gambling n not making the best possible decisions for the right reasons.
    hey joe while ur at it, i think a good lesson in value betting would be useful as well, or a why not to risk 4k to win 45

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast