Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70410.85

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

Unhappy How to play aces!

Hello!
    I'm new in poker and not sure how to play monster-combinations to get the max-value. Can anybody give me an advice? Thank you!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Online or offline?! Cause if you're playing them online, it's seems to still be a 50-50 chance if you get a caller...lol

Raise 3x bb + 1bb for every limper that acted before you to isolate. I rase pot every street after that unless if I am re raised then its all in.
    I suck pretty much at bet sizing, if someone has raised before me pf, I just make up a higher number to re raise.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I'm playing online at PS. Thank's Pooffy...gonna try your strategy

PokerOwned Veteran
    I think pooffy has a good point, 3 bb plus 1 bb for every limper. But i have also seen people being UTG and just calling the bb with aces, and waiting for action. this can be risky, but especially in MTT like pokerstars pokerowned, you can get big with that strategy

PokerOwned Veteran
    I see...but what does "limper" mean? I'm really new in poker so I'm trying to learn some basics...

You can play Aces however you want. Usually you raise preflop thought to try and weed out the average hands. But be careful as poket A's can be cracked like a egg!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLops007 View Post
    I see...but what does "limper" mean? I'm really new in poker so I'm trying to learn some basics...
    I limper is someone who just enters the hand with the flat bb required to get in.

PokerOwned Pro
    there are many ways to play aces - even a few reasons to fold them preflop - but you are too inexperienced for those right now
    my theory- unless there is action before you bet - is that you should ALWAYS be raising the same amount with every hand that you are raising with...this way your opponents cant get a read on how strong your hand is - BECAUSE if they know you have aces they will probably fold - I like 3x the big blind. Poofy has a good thought though with people acting before you do - if you get a lot of callers before you act (3 or more) then your raise should be slightly higher to weed out the riff-raff

PokerOwned Pro
    i however do not buy poofys play on betting automatically every turn or re-raising a raiser - if the flop comes 10,j,q hearts(or something coordinated and suited) and you have two black aces - and two people are betting like mad - you are toast and should fold - far too often people live (and a lot of times die) by aces after the flop - as Kenny says "you got to know when to fold them"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast