Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70101.41

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corporal

Hero Call good or bad??

What do you think of doing calls not because you have good cards but rather duty call ex. big blind someone goes all in and you just need to add 1k chips and you have decent chips to call..?

Knight
    i think hero calls are overrated.because people are more often value betting than bluffing.nice cbet is always more appreciated by me than a river call with 4th pair.

Master Sergeant
    i agree with baat i don't think hero calls are good at all i would rather sit tight and wait til i know i have crushed before i give away my chips

Corporal
    Justin hit the nail on the head..."give away my chips". The point is to end up with the most chips, and giving away chips on marginal hands in the hopes of maybe taking out a short stack shouldnt be encouraged, unless of course you are a pro.

PokerOwned Pro
    in my opinion is good , my friend says "God loves bravery"

Corporal
    u call odds say so.....

Private
    Depends on the situation...

What is a "Hero Call"?

Yahoo Definition:
    A hero call is a call of a fairly sizable bet when all you can beat is a bluff, or when the situation is a textbook representation of a situation where you are beat but you determine you are ahead anyway.

At the stakes I play (microstakes) you are way better off not making hero calls but just waiting for the nuts and getting paid off. BUT sometimes when playing live or in live tournaments when the Villains pattern of play just does not make sense then there is a significant opportunity to make money.

On the other side of the coin when playing live there are lots of opponents that will "Hero Call" you to the river because they never even consider what you are playing but happily call off with third pair. It is important to identify these people to minimize losses when representing something and maximize your $$$$ when you hit.

Sergeant
    Hero calls aren't good for money...but calling with 9 high and being right is always great to tilt people.

i agree i'd rather have the nuts or close
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Corporal
    the only time i do. is when i a convicted that my opponent is bluffing, otherwise it'a called a sick call.but nothing wrong to call if you are sure your opponent is bluffing, some times you know your opponent is bluffing, but can't call, cause you beat a bluff.if you stlll call, dont blame nobody but yourself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast