Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70017.54

The Fundamental Theorem of Poker

The fundamental theorem of poker states: Every time you play your hand the way you would if you could see your opponents' cards, you gain, and every time your opponents play their cards differently from the way they would play them if they could see your cards, you gain. This theorem is the foundation for many poker strategy topics. For example, bluffing and slow-playing are examples of using deception to induce your opponents to play differently from how they would if they could see your cards. There are some exceptions to the fundamental theorem in certain multi-way pot situations.

See Post for Morton's Theorem.

PokerOwned Veteran
    i think someone needs to make "The Fundamental Theorem of Poker Online" cause the way these poker sites run there so called "random card generator" it changes every rule of poker there is in my opinion...half the time I play online I don't play my opponent but rather I play the site im playing on...after years of playing online I have picked up on certain things that happen way more often in online poker then in live poker...for example I try not to go all in pre flop if I have a lower chip count then my opponent because even though im ahead on the flop we all know 75% of the time that river card will give them the win..its actually better to not go all in online until the river card hits if you know you have a caller...of course this all is just my opinion and I don't have any proof that what im saying is right but its just how I feel

Morton? Sklansky 1st created that, when he wrote the book "The Theory of Poker". Got to give credit where credit is due.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

Experienced Member
    im with you on that one. Im always up when I go all in. then come the river

Seasoned Veteran
    yea most of the time in online poker i get effed by the damn river. i usually wonder wtf but hey thats online i say.

Banned
    go all in with the nutz that is the best strategy

It is incorrect to assert "every time". Rather, say "Overall". If "Every time" were valid, we wouldn't have the classic (but silly) quote by Helmuth: "If it weren't for luck, I'd win every time".
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

I've gotten pretty good at guessing the cards that my opponent has and determining when someone is bluffing and play my hand accordingly, so I've got that going for me.

PokerOwned Veteran
    interesting. I try not to get too technical with poker, and make it out to be more difficult than it really is.