Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64320.78

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn171 View Post
    I didnt say you had to have the nuts to bet on the river... maybe re-read??? but im not gonna sit around and defend this post all day with people who dont want the advice dont take it ...
    No you said you shouldnt re raise the river without the nuts, which as a blanket statement is just ridiculous. This might be good advice to give the most novice of players, but for anyone with even a decent understanding of the game its idiotic to think you have to have the best possible hand to be re raising, I mean there are situations where even if you have the worst possible hand you should be re-raising.

Also you said "Betting when you should be checking...checking when you should be betting" I mean obviously its true that if you check when you should bet its a mistake. But what situations are you talking about? your trying to list common mistakes instead you list 2 that are always mistakes. If your going to make a list like this you need to say when people are checking that they should be betting and the other way around. Not just that you see people check when you think they should bet. Give us some examples of when you see people betting when they should be checking. And some of when you see people checking when they should be betting. I would be interested to see what you come up with.

Now that that is out of the way..... One of the most common mistakes I see people on BCP especially making is chasing flush draws when pot odds say they should fold. Example There is 1500 in the pot I have 98hh on the button and the flop is Ah3h10d small blind bets 500. I am 50/50 to most hands so that means need to be getting at least 2:1 on a call. Obviously here it is a good call. Turn is 5c 2500 in the pot and the SB bets 1250. Now I am only about 20% against most hands which means I would need to be getting 5:1 on a call. Since I would only be getting 3:1 on a call, AND i am not drawing to the nuts. The right move is to fold. Following strict pot odds rules i am not sure if drawing to the nuts changes anything, but me personally if I am drawing to the nuts AND I think i will likely get paid off if i hit, I will open up just a little bit. I still wouldn't be calling in this example, but if I am 20% to win and i am getting 3.5:1 or better, drawing to the nuts and believe I will get paid off, and of course stack and situation dependent, I'll see the river but only if all those stipulations are met. Otherwise if pot odds are worse than your odds of winning the pot, you need to be folding.
    Last edited by nab76; 06-18-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    lilg97: sup
    Me: nm u?
    lilg97: nada bored
    lilg97: tryna find some folsk to menot r cant fin dnon eSad

Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nab76 View Post
    No you said you shouldnt re raise the river without the nuts, which as a blanket statement is just ridiculous. This might be good advice to give the most novice of players, but for anyone with even a decent understanding of the game its idiotic to think you have to have the best possible hand to be re raising, I mean there are situations where even if you have the worst possible hand you should be re-raising.

Also you said "Betting when you should be checking...checking when you should be betting" I mean obviously its true that if you check when you should bet its a mistake. But what situations are you talking about? your trying to list common mistakes instead you list 2 that are always mistakes. If your going to make a list like this you need to say when people are checking that they should be betting and the other way around. Not just that you see people check when you think they should bet. Give us some examples of when you see people betting when they should be checking. And some of when you see people checking when they should be betting. I would be interested to see what you come up with.

Now that that is out of the way..... One of the most common mistakes I see people on BCP especially making is chasing flush draws when pot odds say they should fold. Example There is 1500 in the pot I have 98hh on the button and the flop is Ah3h10d small blind bets 500. I am 50/50 to most hands so that means need to be getting at least 2:1 on a call. Obviously here it is a good call. Turn is 5c 2500 in the pot and the SB bets 1250. Now I am only about 20% against most hands which means I would need to be getting 5:1 on a call. Since I would only be getting 3:1 on a call, AND i am not drawing to the nuts. The right move is to fold. Following strict pot odds rules i am not sure if drawing to the nuts changes anything, but me personally if I am drawing to the nuts AND I think i will likely get paid off if i hit, I will open up just a little bit. I still wouldn't be calling in this example, but if I am 20% to win and i am getting 3.5:1 or better, drawing to the nuts and believe I will get paid off, and of course stack and situation dependent, I'll see the river but only if all those stipulations are met. Otherwise if pot odds are worse than your odds of winning the pot, you need to be folding.

checking when should be betting (they check after they hit good made hand) betting when they should be checking (betting a draw or waiting till after they checked see another card which would be a scare card then decide to bet their made hand they previously checked...)

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn171 View Post
    checking when should be betting (they check after they hit good made hand) betting when they should be checking (betting a draw or waiting till after they checked see another card which would be a scare card then decide to bet their made hand they previously checked...)
    Yuck.
    lilg97: sup
    Me: nm u?
    lilg97: nada bored
    lilg97: tryna find some folsk to menot r cant fin dnon eSad

PokerOwned Master
    hardy harrr harrrr harrrrr

alot of pro's in here.

Thanks jlynn ill try some of that !
    http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f23/can-you-find-jesus-28461.html

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0q6z8Bwca0D

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Never hurts to be reminded. Some people should actually have this on a sticky note, on their computer screen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12