Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,387

BTC Rate: $7464.88

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Donkey
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22

    BurntBud's Bankroll Challenge

    Current Roll: $6.13

    After making and losing several hundred dollars in online poker over the past year, I have decided to attempt a legitimate bankroll challenge starting at $0.00. I will be playing on the Merge network with the Carbon Poker skin. My number one problem in attempting to build a roll in the past has been playing outside of my limits, primarily taking shots at tournaments I have no business playing in. I also have a major problem with tilting, most notably in cash games. Therefore for this challenge I will be playing primarily 10 man SNG's including the $0.60 and $1.10. I realize that playing the Dollar Dazzlers with only $2.40 in a roll is extremely risky, but sometimes you got to risk it for the biscuit.

    After starting my challenge last night I managed a quick start, binking 5th in the PokerOwned freeroll for $2.40. Following this pickup I felt good and contrary to good bankroll management I entered into two Dollar Dazzlers. Sadly took a bad beat and lost the first one, but got extremely lucky with a blessing from the card Gods and managed to take down 1st place in the second SNG for a smooth $5.00. Bringing my total to just over $6.00

    Overall I am pretty happy with my performance so far in my challenge and I will continue to update with my progress. I also hope to plan some hand histories for comments/suggestions once I figure out how to post hands from Carbon. See ya on the tables

    -BurntBud-
    Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on.

  2. #2
    Survey Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    696
    Good job!

    I have some added advice if you want to take or not..

    Guide To Building A Carbon Poker Bankroll (AND KEEPING IT!)

    It's just a small br management I put together.

  3. #3
    PokerOwned Admin Poof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,137
    Great job and good luck!

  4. #4
    PokerOwned God StephyMarieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,476
    Good luck BurntBud =)

  5. #5
    PokerOwned God SendCookies's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,485
    Great idea. One suggestion skip the double ups on merge. Go from fast fifties to $2 bounties when u gat to $50 plus. IMO. Gl

  6. #6
    Donkey
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks for the encouragement! I played the Double or Nothing on merge for a little while but the rake and the style of play just didn't really suit me. I enjoy the fast fifties but the rake is essentially double the Dollar Dazzlers rake so I play a few of each usually. Just stumbled across poker.org(don't know if i am allowed to mention another site) $250 freerolls that I am planning on playing in this weekend which could offer a significant boost. I havn't played many bounty tournaments before so I may have to do a little bit of studying before I get into them. Any tips or tricks?

  7. #7
    Elite PokerOwned Member joshtheking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by SendCookies View Post
    Great idea. One suggestion skip the double ups on merge. Go from fast fifties to $2 bounties when u gat to $50 plus. IMO. Gl
    Great idea i agree with u cookies
    FORGIVENESS IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!THATS RIGHT THE KING IS BACK AND THIS TIME FOR GOOD SO DONT GET COMFORTABLE ,YOU BETTER PLAY TIGHTER.

  8. #8
    PokerOwned God
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,679
    Goodluck to you as to all who try this.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by BurntBud View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement! I played the Double or Nothing on merge for a little while but the rake and the style of play just didn't really suit me. I enjoy the fast fifties but the rake is essentially double the Dollar Dazzlers rake so I play a few of each usually. Just stumbled across poker.org(don't know if i am allowed to mention another site) $250 freerolls that I am planning on playing in this weekend which could offer a significant boost. I havn't played many bounty tournaments before so I may have to do a little bit of studying before I get into them. Any tips or tricks?
    the bonty tournie are like bingo!! because if you take people out yu get your buy in back, if u have an extra 2 or 3 dollrs fine but i wouldnt do it as a bankroll management.

  10. #10
    PokerOwned God
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by harleydexter View Post
    the bonty tournie are like bingo!! because if you take people out yu get your buy in back, if u have an extra 2 or 3 dollrs fine but i wouldnt do it as a bankroll management.
    sry but i have to total disagree, the 2 bounties sng or good way to build a broll, very soft field, not to many skill players and yeah if you get your buy in back from bounties then you at least break even..but if you knock out 2 or 3 peeps you should be able to cruise for a itm finish if you play it right

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •