Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62816.02

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member
    When Ferguson built his bankroll from nothing on Full Tilt, he started by winning a few dollars after grinding freerolls for a while. He decided that his best chance with that few dollars was to sit down at a cash game. He busted in just a few hands. From there he went back to the freerolls. He did eventually build a very substantial BR from literally nothing. You can google the whole story for more exact details. The point is though that if your starting from zero, you are not going to immediately have proper bankroll management. You will have to use your better judgment and play to your own personal strengths.

PokerOwned Pro
    I agree it us tough to follow proper bankroll with a small roll. You just have to play the games you're comfortable withand once you build a roll then make sure to follow proper management to ensure you don't go broke. But with the small bankroll you will inevitably have to take shots.

PokerOwned Veteran PursuitofPlay's Avatar
    A common rule for good bankroll management is to only risk 10% of your bankroll at a time. I find it hard to use the discipline to follow this, but true nonetheless.

PokerOwned Master
    I would play the $1 games on carbon and try and build it up that way. Not sure the cash table would be the way to go. I think the MTT's would be better option with that small BR.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    $3 tourneys seem fair and pay enough to justify your time and skills.... I've built in carbon playing those and small stake bounties.....

gottaplay with20%...and just keep grinding...stay within yourlimtis.....and shit will roll!

Elite PokerOwned Member jayyy27's Avatar
    I built an 8500.00 BR on carbon from 8$ freeroll money that I earned on PO. It can be done. I played sngs to keep my BR going up and played a couple small MTT's. I cashed a couple and went from there still supplementing my BR with sng's but I changed to hyper turbos. The main thing when you have a small roll is to be on your A game. Don't try and roll up if you only kinda feel like playing.

16:24 <PooffyFooffy> sorry jayy

18:07 <gimmeabrew> @jayyy27: sorry

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i would say 10 to be safe although you could make 5 work likely

My suggestion is to play $1 sitngos till you have decent bankroll. keep doing freerolls. Do nto try to play cash games until you have $50 plus more likely $80.

Seasoned Veteran
    Would you recommend just playing cash games?, or are tournaments the way to go for sure?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast