Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64002.83

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    There are different rules people follow. My personal rule is that I won't buy into anything with more than 5% of my BR. So $5 would be enough for my to play Bumblebee SNGs on Carbon and nothing else. Those have a very high level of variance so I didn't play those much anyways when my BR was so small. I personally include the tournament fee as part of the 5%. So for the .25+.5 tournament I would need $6. There really isn't a very good selection of stuff to play until I could afford $1 entries which meant my BR needed to be $20+. I follow this no matter how small my BR is. I started from freerolls, so that meant the first few weeks were basically FRs only until I had built up enough to play in anything else.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yea you cant bankroll manage with 5 bucks!!!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I would say it doesnt even come into effect until u have like a 100!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey4141 View Post
    I would say it doesnt even come into effect until u have like a 100!
    so you are saying you shouldn't play any cash games until you have a bankroll of $100?????
    JUST PLAYIN FOR FUN

Quote Originally Posted by mommahud View Post
    so you are saying you shouldn't play any cash games until you have a bankroll of $100?????
    fuck that. more like $400 !!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    guess it would maybe depend on the person. 5 bucks like u said only get u into the bumble b which u can go on a run, or loose ten in a row. I wish i had better BM but just dont have it high nuff to make diff. like if i had 5 in accoun i would play a few 1 sit and gos, and then if i was to low switch to the bumble b. maybe thats y i can't ever get a good br going

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    Ok. I think I will wait till I have 15 bucks. Thank you for your advices.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I would stick to either 11cent hyper turbos, or $1.1 double up sngs till you can get that guy up to $20, then maybe doing some $1.1 regular games or turbos. Or even just sticking with double ups for a bit.

$5 isn't enough for cash games. I would argue that you don't really have enough for low stakes cash games until you have like $100 anyway. Unless you like to play fixed limit.

Seasoned Veteran
    I think you can BR manage with $25. The key is setting a plan AND STICKING TO IT. I'm bad a the second part. Especially when bad beats and stupid plays reign down and I lose the perspective that I'm playing for .02/.05...

The most difficult part of BRM is the M for me. This game teaches you a lot about yourself if you let it.

PokerOwned God
    You could play those bumblebee sngs and the $.60 sngs. Also, I think there are micro stakes mtts with $.50 buy ins. However, the reality is, you're going to commit a big portion of your bankroll when playing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast