Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,323

BTC Rate: $10134.66

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
  1. #1
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    154

    Advice on building my roll

    So I have been trying to build up a roll from $0 on Bovada and have since turned the $2 i won from the only 2 freerolls i entered into ~$30 over the last week or two. My question is what would you guys recommend as my best options to continue building my roll as ive since stopped playing the lowest .5/.1 limit poker.

    I am thinking about trying my luck at .02/.05 NL buying in at $2.50. That would allow me 12 buy ins at that stake.(or should i buy in for even less than this?) I have also been playing alot of the $1.10 SnG's and feel I should stick to these while also dabbling in the cash games and daily .5 rebuy $500 guarantee tournament as well as some $1's.

    I also have about 180 points so i'll be able to enter a few more freerolls and try and make few bucks there.

    edit: cashed out at $200 after building it up from $0 was fun.
    Last edited by thegman1308; 05-01-2014 at 01:52 PM.

  2. #2
    PokerOwned God jasonv12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,570
    Idk why you'd want to play cash games on Bovada to begin with. They have some of the most amazing MTTs and worst ring games.

  3. #3
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Idk why you'd want to play cash games on Bovada to begin with. They have some of the most amazing MTTs and worst ring games.
    bovada has zone poker aka poker on crack for ADD kids where every time you fold your shot to a new table and you can fold out of turn and be whisked away however fast you can click which im addicted to. Im up to $40 now just using the buy in with $2.50 leave when at $5 buy back in at $2.50 leave when at $5 mentality. I also play the MTTs as well its just I reached a point where cash games are an option now and i don't have to have a huge fear of variance hitting me and my roll going ka poot.

  4. #4
    PokerOwned Demi-God rghy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,301
    You don't have enough of a BR to be playing most of the games you want to play. You got lucky turning $2 freeroll winnings into $30, but you will eventually bust if you turn around and use that money on NL games and rebuy tourneys.

    To put it into perspective, I currently have $16 from freerolls on Bovada, and I don't think that's enough to play any games offered, because I don't want to bust my BR after I've put in this much effort to build it up. You also shouldn't buy into a cash game short unless that's your specific strategy. If you don't have enough to buy in for the full amount, you should find a different game. Here's the BR requirements I have to play the games you've mentioned.

    .05/.1 FLHE - $40
    .02/.05 NL - $100
    1.10 SNGS/MTTs with no re-buys/re-entries - $22
    .5 re-buy MTT - $50

    Those are my minimum requirements, which also means that if I drop below those levels at any point, I stop playing those games.
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

  5. #5
    PokerOwned God jasonv12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by thegman1308 View Post
    bovada has zone poker aka poker on crack for ADD kids where every time you fold your shot to a new table and you can fold out of turn and be whisked away however fast you can click which im addicted to. Im up to $40 now just using the buy in with $2.50 leave when at $5 buy back in at $2.50 leave when at $5 mentality. I also play the MTTs as well its just I reached a point where cash games are an option now and i don't have to have a huge fear of variance hitting me and my roll going ka poot.
    Fair enough! Whatever you like.

  6. #6
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    You don't have enough of a BR to be playing most of the games you want to play. You got lucky turning $2 freeroll winnings into $30, but you will eventually bust if you turn around and use that money on NL games and rebuy tourneys.

    To put it into perspective, I currently have $16 from freerolls on Bovada, and I don't think that's enough to play any games offered, because I don't want to bust my BR after I've put in this much effort to build it up. You also shouldn't buy into a cash game short unless that's your specific strategy. If you don't have enough to buy in for the full amount, you should find a different game. Here's the BR requirements I have to play the games you've mentioned.

    .05/.1 FLHE - $40
    .02/.05 NL - $100
    1.10 SNGS/MTTs with no re-buys/re-entries - $22
    .5 re-buy MTT - $50

    Those are my minimum requirements, which also means that if I drop below those levels at any point, I stop playing those games.
    guess ill just stick to limit then, up to $44 playing limit still guess do this until $100?? seems kind of long.

  7. #7
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    88
    do the $1 SnG's till you hit $100 BR. It might take a while, but it will build up your skill level. Play the $1 5 table SNG too.

  8. #8
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,314
    I say go for it all as often as u can!!!! ALL INNNNN

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    971
    just keep ripping it all in until you're a millionaire

  10. #10
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharking View Post
    just keep ripping it all in until you're a millionaire
    true wisdom from a wise man lol ending the night at $47 just played 3 $1sng's placed 1st in 1 busted 4th in other with JJ vs QK he spiked 2 pair on flop and out in like 5th the other wasn't playing well.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •