Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64002.83

Elite PokerOwned Member

Dwafr Fortress Anyone?

I've always been an avid gamer. Poker, chess, Dungeons and Dragons, MMOs, pen and paper, puzzles, RPGs....give 'em all to me!

It isn't often that I see something so different and so intriguing that it excites me, but this week I have discovered what I hope is a gem.

My brother sent me a link to this 6-page article from the NY Times about a video game called Dwarf Fortress. Low (and I mean really low) fi graphics is paired with what must be the most complicated and intricate video game EVER invented. The developers consider their game to be in alpha (they have been working on it over a decade) and do not plan to finish for another 20 years!

The article amazed me, today I spent 2 hours watching a tutorial on Youtube, however I still have about 10 hours of video to watch. This game seems to be mind-blowing. Can't wait to finally get around to downloading and playing it.

Anyone here heard of or played Dwarf Fortress before?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/ma...agewanted=1&hp
    Last edited by Tiarra; 07-25-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Wanted to correct spelling in the title, but I can't! It'll only let me change the post.

Zab
    I looked at 1 video and that was a enough for me... holy 1982 graphics
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Must be for a small audience. The graphics are horrid.

It looks like we'll be writing the game rather than playing it; they could easily add a toolbar.

That looks so aweful, lol I wasn't even born when this game released.

Of course I like a classic RPG but this is bad
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush