Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,323

BTC Rate: $10245.28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    106

    Which site "seems" like it's rigged for you?

    I know online poker couldn't possibly be rigged because there are pros making all kinds of 6-figure incomes on any of the popular sites. So if it is rigged for the good players to lose, no one would be making any money. Yet for me, Carbon is the one I just continuously grind my wheels and get nowhere, ever since my cashout from a year ago when I had to cash out because of the withdrawal scare they were having at that time and I got scared too and took everything but $50 out of there.

    In the past, it was easy to build up a bankroll on any site I had because there would be great freerolls and it wouldn't take too long to win a little in one of those and then build it up from there. I'm doing that right now on BCP with no problems because all I had to do was play a lot of the $10 on demand freerolls and I eventually won enough to start playing the .50 + .05 on demand ones, and the steady growth has been natural.. I seem to run normal on Black Chip over thousands of hands.

    But on Carbon, it's almost as though I'm being singled out to lose. Sometimes it's early, sometimes in the middle, but most often as it gets close to the money. I can even get close enough to the money to the point at which I should have a 95% chance to make the money, but the 5 % chance that I don't make it always comes through for the site or the opponent, or whatever it is that makes this keep happening.

    Whenever I get all my money in the middle as a big favorite, I usually lose...not always, but usually. After a string of 200 tournaments where the best I can do is a mincash and even mincashing is rare, it's beginning to seem as though it really is rigged or at least rigged against me specifically even though it's been pretty much proven that online poker is not rigged.

    How can it be that a player like me, a 17% itm player can fail to make the money even 10% of the time over a long string of tourneys on the one site that he needs to have a bankroll on the most?? And worse, when that 10%er comes in for me, how can it be that 100% of those times, I can't get past the mincash stage whereas on every other site I've ever played on and in live poker, I always get my share of the big cashes, like 1st/2nd/3rd etc.

    Do any of you play on multiple sites, one of which seems totally rigged against you, but not the others? If so, which site??

  2. #2
    PokerOwned Demi-God NateVest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,078
    I think it is all mental. From what I know, all players don't have a big enough sample size from each site played to give accurate results, but it would not surprise me if if all sites were basically even with the amount of variance, bad beats, etc. I have ran into the same situation as you but now I am running better on Carbon than Black Chip. Once I started playing live, I realized online poker is identical other than you see thousands/millions of more hands online. Live poker hands out the nastiest runner runner miracle card river action as online.

  3. #3
    Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    757
    Call it rigged or whatever you want but I have horrible, horrible luck on any merge site. Occasionally its' psychological (at least for me) and it's difficult to get past that especially when I'm on tilt before I even open any of their sites. Other than merge, I don't have a lot of complaints.

  4. #4
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,314
    yea I think a lot of it is psychological!! Its amazing what happens whn u think positve!!

  5. #5
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,314
    yea most o the time its the people that are constantly losing money that say its rigged!

  6. #6
    PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    853
    think Nate hit it right on the head!! its not rigged!! just seems like that when u have 5 callers anything is possible! if the dam donks had some respect for the raises, you wouldnt lose as much!!

  7. #7
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    96
    well yesterday on carbon i got pocked 10s 3 hands in a row and two more times in the next 5 hands. So out of 8 hands I had 5 pockets 10s. thats hella rigged

  8. #8
    Elite PokerOwned Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    631
    Once I started playing live, I realized online poker is identical other than you see thousands/millions of more hands online.
    I disagree 100% about that statement. That's just 20 years of experience talking though. Live poker is played a lot "better" I believe cause it seems people take more ownership of the physical cash in their hand than the "virtual" cash involved with online poker. Not as many crazy calls/plays like you would online. Much easier to make $$$ live than online.

  9. #9
    TON is Gone.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by poophead View Post
    well yesterday on carbon i got pocked 10s 3 hands in a row and two more times in the next 5 hands. So out of 8 hands I had 5 pockets 10s. thats hella rigged
    I witnessed this.

    I originally wrote a long essay on this subject in reply... but honestly, what's the point? We all know Merge is on the outs in the US. Is it really surprising that they are trying to generate as much Rake as possible before they get pushed out entirely? Hell, even their current Promo's are geared entirely toward RAKE.
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

  10. #10
    TON is Gone.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrazon View Post
    I disagree 100% about that statement. That's just 20 years of experience talking though. Live poker is played a lot "better" I believe cause it seems people take more ownership of the physical cash in their hand than the "virtual" cash involved with online poker. Not as many crazy calls/plays like you would online. Much easier to make $$$ live than online.

    ^^^This
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •