Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64002.83

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned God
    The hand is pretty much unavoidable. Even if you just call preflop, he is more than likely going all in on the flop or turn. Aces get cracked sometimes. Although, if you did stick around for the turn, maybe with a good read you could fold, but it depends how much you're already committed though.

PokerOwned Pro
    This post is how I would play as villain and should illuminate why I think his play was bad:

Since I am in position on the 3 bettor, I would flat call with AK here because it disguises the strength of my hand, keeping in hands that I have dominated, and the only hands that call a 4bet shove have me beat. If I get check-raised on the flop it is an easy fold and I have minimized my losses and I live to fight another day. If I get led into I am just calling for pot control, and if the 3 bettor check-calls my cbet, I am checking back on this turn (it merges my range really well and keeps the pot from getting too crazy in the event I am beat). If I get led into on the turn I have a decision to make because this line polarizes his range to nuts or nothing. Given that he most likely does not 3bet with 66 that often in this spot, I am only worried about the 3 combinations of QQ, and therefore, I'm going to shove over the top of a turn bet most of the time. The river does not really change much because by following these lines on the flop and turn, he rarely is going to have 10s and you don't need to worry about AJ for broadway. If he checks, ill check back for showdown value, and if he bets im snapping him off because he's usually got air or he tried to trap me with QQ on the flop/turn and felt he needed to get value on the river (another reason to keep play pot control).

Hopefully this illustrates why POSITION (not cards) is the MOST important thing in playing profitable NLHE.

Seasoned Veteran
    tta91690 ur so right....position means all at tables

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    I recently played Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast and it seems like this. In the 1st one wherever the lightsaber went, damage was indicated. In the 2nd one, this just matters in a linear type sense; I kept outmanoeuvering him and getting his back but the damage wasn't there... I won, but lost in the game.
    Last edited by eqgh5uea; 09-19-2012 at 03:10 AM.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nachocoalmine View Post
    He was the first to shove and you had the highest possible hand at that point. You CAN just flat call the prefflop raise but H/U? To hell with that...
    Personally i would never flat pocket aces unless im sure the other guys would definately fold to a raise. Always best to get AA all-in pre-flop. If he hits 2 pair or better on flop or turn he'll probably bust you. If he doesnt hit better he'll probably fold to a bet. The only hand your gonna bust is top pair,top kicker depending on how deep u r or maybe another over pair which is just as likely as two pair or better. So your turning your odds of going all-in pre flop (80-90%)into 50% odds of busting the other player. If you hit a set of aces then thats a different story but that wont happen that often.

Hard luck fataman but aces will get busted a reasonable amount.

PokerOwned God
    So true - try not to beat yourself up - unless u suck. Happens in SNG all the time - A2 sucks out on AK every 5 minutes you just have to know your time will come; gd play - move on.

Pwned

ahhhhhh that shit happens all the time...gotta just brush bad beats off and take the beats u give people with a grain of salt....it happens to every1

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nachocoalmine View Post
    He was the first to shove and you had the highest possible hand at that point. You CAN just flat call the prefflop raise but H/U? To hell with that...
    I don't think a flat call would be good. I have put him on a big pair, he was very tight. I couldn't let him catch something and wonder. If you're gonna re-raise with something, it's aces.

just need some points
    GREG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast