Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69960.28

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Moderator CoddBrunson's Avatar

Codd Brunson Challenge

I started my own challenge back in December. To turn 55 cents into as much as possible. I started with one Satellite to the BLT with a borrowed $1.10. I won, payed back the dollar ten, and started climbing. Since then it's been a little bit of an up and down ride; but I'm tired of down, and just trying to go up from here.

January 21st 2011

Today was a good day. Started out like any other day. With a Super Turbo Satellite to the BLT Tournament. I play those on the hour, every hour. They're pretty much my bread and butter right now. Mostly because I do whatever I want while I'm playing one, I keep minimizing the screen, it pops up, I fold. I play about 5 or 10 hands in the course of about an hour, then collect my $2.20. $1.60 profit. I played 11 of those today. 7 wins, 4 losses, for a profit of $8.80.

Played quite a few freerolls today, as it's the start of the freeroll weekend. But most importantly, I played my weekly league game. I won the last 2 weeks in a row, so there was a 10 dollar bounty on my head. I was sitting tied for second in overall points standings before the start of Event 5, today's game. There are 10 Events in total, in this league, and some healthy payouts for overall point standings at the end of it all.

I ended up winning the game, for a streak of three wins in a row. A nice Hat Trick. The turning point in the game, was when I called a reraise with JX. I flopped trip jacks, rainbow flop, decided to slow play them a bit. I checked. The other guy checked. The next card is a king. The flop was JTJ. Now there's straights possible, I am no longer comfortable slow playing this hand. I think and bet. I get reraised. I push all in. He calls. He has KQ. My trip jacks hold up, and I take an early double up to become chip leader.

After quite a few good hands, not just me, but good game in general, it gets down to heads up. I have about a 3 to 2 chip lead. I end up building my chip lead, but then not really getting cards, and my opponent getting better cards; we get to all square. I have a really good read on this guy. He likes to call. A lot. I decide to make it expensive. The blinds were too small to be worth betting too hard, so I kind of dragged ass a bit, and let the levels go by. I'm waiting for my hands, trying to choose a spot to end this. I get AA. He folds to my big blind pre flop. Well, not that hand. The game ender was QQ vs AJ. Raise, reraise, all in, call. My ladies held up.

During the time I was playing the league event, a freeroll started that I was registered in. I didn't want to be distracted, but it was a 25 dollar freeroll with only 17 entrants. My kind of odds. I kept minimizing that game, and only playing a few choice hands. Before I knew it, I was chip leading and on the final table in both tournaments. Luckily the league event was wrapping up, as it was down to heads up. The freeroll paid out three spots, $5, $7.50 or $12.50. No one on the final table wanted to bubble it. I had this Finnish guy on my left. He was a calling station, to the max. The league game wrapped up and I was able to focus now on getting in the money in the freeroll.

So I get KQ. I raise it up 3 times the big blind. The Finnish guy calls. The flop is QXT. I bet almost pot. He calls. In hind site, I should have shipped, but maybe this guy woulda called that too. The next card, Ace. I bet again. He calls. The river is a blank. I have 3K chips left. I bet 1K. He calls. He shows A5o. What the heck? ?? I don't even know what to think, but this guy is now on my enemy list. I went from chip leader to 2K, bottom stack. I angrily fold through some crappy hands. Shove with AK, and sure enough Finnish guy calls, with some sort of garbage cards and doubles me up.

It goes back and forth for a little while until it gets down to 4 of us. It was a pretty intense bubble. I picked up KK. Bet it big. Finnish guy calls. The flop goes 545. I bet huge again. He calls. Next card 4. I bet enough to put Finland all in and he folds. This crippled him. I end up taking him out in a few hands. We've made the money. Now we're battling for better pieces of it. But it didn't last long. I had a pretty big chip lead, with almost half the chips in play. The to other stacks go back and forth, and clash in a pretty big hand. This puts the loser of that hand on tilt, and in a hurtin' for more chips.

Then the game ending hand. I meant to get a screen shot, but I missed out.

FullTiltPoker Game #27488304616: KingsFreerolls.com (212844931), Match 1 - 120/240 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:46:01 ET - 2011/01/21

Seat 3: humanfaith (8,520)
    Seat 4: KingofAcorns (15,050)
    Seat 7: DealMeSumfin (1,930)
    humanfaith antes 25
    KingofAcorns antes 25
    DealMeSumfin antes 25
    humanfaith posts the small blind of 120
    KingofAcorns posts the big blind of 240
    The button is in seat #7
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to KingofAcorns [Kd Ks]
    DealMeSumfin raises to 1,905, and is all in
    humanfaith raises to 8,495, and is all in
    KingofAcorns has 15 seconds left to act
    KingofAcorns calls 8,255
    humanfaith shows [Kc Jc]
    KingofAcorns shows [Kd Ks]
    DealMeSumfin shows [Th Qd]
    *** FLOP *** [7s 3c 9s]
    *** TURN *** [7s 3c 9s] A♥
    *** RIVER *** [7s 3c 9s Ah] A♣
    humanfaith shows a pair of Aces
    KingofAcorns shows two pair, Aces and Kings
    KingofAcorns wins the side pot (13,180) with two pair, Aces and Kings
    DealMeSumfin shows a pair of Aces
    KingofAcorns wins the main pot (5,790) with two pair, Aces and Kings
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Duration 37s
    Total pot 18,970 Main pot 5,790. Side pot 13,180. | Rake 0
    Board: [7s 3c 9s Ah Ac]
    Seat 3: humanfaith (small blind) showed [Kc Jc] and lost with a pair of Aces
    Seat 4: KingofAcorns (big blind) showed [Kd Ks] and won (18,970) with two pair, Aces and Kings
    Seat 7: DealMeSumfin (button) showed [Th Qd] and lost with a pair of Aces

Smallest stack shoves with the worst hand QTo into medium stack with the next worse hand KJs, who in turn shoves all in into me, the biggest stack, with the best hand KK. They needed runner runner at best, and my kings held. GAME OVER.

One of the best, if not the best, final table hands in my life.

I played a few more freerolls, nothing great. Had a good run in one, until my nut straight was beat by a full house. Railed a buddy all the way to a 3rd place finish. That was nice to watch. But mostly just kept playing the Satellites to the BLT and chatting and reading and posting on forums.

PS While I typed this up, I played my final Satellite to the BLT. Won.
    Last edited by CoddBrunson; 01-22-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Lieutenant Commander TopJimmy99's Avatar
    Good job man, I'm glad to be following this again. Get that printscreen ready for today's Super Saturday Freeroll Extravaganza!!

Zab
    I love stuff like this.. Keep us posted You are up to $32.00
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Banned
    well i have to say a big congrats are in order.when running good always helps the bankroll.nice job and keep doing what your doing.will be checking in to see how its going.like this ,thumbs up

Keep up the great work Codd!

PokerOwned Master
    Nice to see codd....let's see if we can monster up at the same rate....that might be an interesting challenge on it's own huh? GL man ...keep rolling ...unless I'm in same game...lol

Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmy99 View Post
    Good job man, I'm glad to be following this again. Get that printscreen ready for today's Super Saturday Freeroll Extravaganza!!
    Thanks TopJimmy. I'm glad to be writing this again, and having you follow it again too.

Oh yeah, my fingers always twitchin' to capture some awesome action.

I love Super Saturday Freeroll Extravaganza!! Biggest work day of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Zabulus32 View Post
    I love stuff like this.. Keep us posted You are up to $32.00
    I'll definitely keep you posted, but I think I got a little more than that Zab.

$32.05 cash + $16.40 T$ + $13.20 reg'd $ (which I do not plan on using all those entries) = About $61.65

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast