Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64136.77

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    For whatever reason, I can't copy and paste the link to refer people. So that eliminates trying to refer people I'm playing poker with but don't actually know. On top of that, the two people I have referred I helped fill out the registration, made sure they put my name in correctly, but they didn't automatically show up under friends referred. I still had to pm Zab to get credit. But after all that, neither of them actually did anything with the site. I know one just doesn't have time with his job, but I'm not sure why the other one isn't active. I think you need something to hook people when they do signup. A free opt in or Carbon ticket would go a long way in showing someone how valuable this site can be. If you don't want to give that out, then maybe give us the option of opting in a friend that we referred or transferring them a Carbon coupon.
    I agree. The first time I came on here I was totally overwhelmed and confused and was just going to leave. Bumping into a real life friend on here stopped me and made me give it a chance.

Elite PokerOwned Member pokerponed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudyMinded View Post
    I have referred ppl who i meet that play online poker but i agree with the other posts that they either sign up and dont do much, or get confused and leave. I try to help them as beat i can though...
    Ya the one referral I had go through was my sisters she got confused and hasnt played. Ive tried to show her, but shes impatient lol

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yeah
    I've tried to refer few ppl but only one has signed up and I don't thk he's been on for days. I thk the upgrade would help a little, but not for sure. Good idea though

Elite PokerOwned Member pokerponed's Avatar
    Then some of the other players I know have already played here in the past or currently play here from time to time. Maybe if they use to play here, and become inactive there could be some kind of bonus for returning? IDK trying to figure out something lol

PokerOwned Pro
    I also find it hard to refer people, but those extra incentives do make me want to try harder for referrals. I think people who sign up end up not using the aff link(or bonus code) or whatever anyway, so rghy2 might be on to something with the option to give your referral a ticket or something similar. Even with the extra incentives it might not bring up the referrals though.. maybe try a "who can refer the most" in 2 weeks or a month if you do decide to add the incentives though.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    I agree. The first time I came on here I was totally overwhelmed and confused and was just going to leave. Bumping into a real life friend on here stopped me and made me give it a chance.
    I completely agree that it was overwhelming and confusing. It took me a good 2-3 months before I really started understanding what was going on. The PO guide for beginners was confusing and didn't answer a lot of my questions. I don't like watching tutorial videos because I don't have the attention span for them, so I haven't watched those. The tournaments that you opt in to need a link to the FAQ on the PW release system. I would say the opt-in/buy coupon pages should also have a link to a FAQ on how to earn points.

Quote Originally Posted by NuGHuFFeR View Post
    I also find it hard to refer people, but those extra incentives do make me want to try harder for referrals. I think people who sign up end up not using the aff link(or bonus code) or whatever anyway, so rghy2 might be on to something with the option to give your referral a ticket or something similar. Even with the extra incentives it might not bring up the referrals though.. maybe try a "who can refer the most" in 2 weeks or a month if you do decide to add the incentives though.
    I honestly think a bunch of us have tried referring people. The problem is getting them to stick around once they sign up. There is a definite learning curve before becoming a PO degen. And it took me a few months to figure out that this site was definitely worth my time. I was on the fence for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudyMinded View Post
    I have referred ppl who i meet that play online poker but i agree with the other posts that they either sign up and dont do much, or get confused and leave. I try to help them as beat i can though...
    I agree Cloudy, I signed up a long time ago, but was so confused, I stopped trying to figure it out. I did come back a few months ago and was determined to figure things out this go around. I'm glad I did. But I also think that maybe some don't stick around because of the reception they're getting at the tables from the players who think they can tell them how to play. Maybe put a muzzle on them and the new players may stick around.
    I am the Captain of my ship. If you don't like the ride, Get Off!

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    I completely agree that it was overwhelming and confusing. It took me a good 2-3 months before I really started understanding what was going on. The PO guide for beginners was confusing and didn't answer a lot of my questions. I don't like watching tutorial videos because I don't have the attention span for them, so I haven't watched those. The tournaments that you opt in to need a link to the FAQ on the PW release system. I would say the opt-in/buy coupon pages should also have a link to a FAQ on how to earn points.
    Hoping to get that redone
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

PokerOwned Master
    I referred as many as I could, most my friend rather make a deposit then have to do surveys

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast