• JC should get the 200 pts, Mod messed up

1 12.50%
  • JC Should get 100 pts, meet in the middle

0 0%
  • CHARGE THE MOD THE 200 POINTS

0 0%
    Zab

Poll on a mistake

So JasonColeman was mistakenly awarded an "escape" bounty of 200 points. The mod that awarded it accidentally clicked him instead of another person.

The mod told me, I corrected it fairly quickly. I deducted the 200 points away from JasonColeman and reassigned them to another user.

JC has expressed concern that he feels he should get the points on the mistake as he actually 'used' the points in the meantime before I could delete them.

So what's right here? Should he be awarded points he didn't earn? If so where do the points come from?

I have always deleted (Corrected) these mistakes in the past
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

I've had a bank error in my favor. It took them two weeks but they took the money from my account without giving me any warning. I think what happened was fair here.
    You check, I bet. You raise, I re-raise. You go all-in, I fold.
    "Ya prozach makes a good point" - Zab
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

If there was a mistake then you take it back. If the poker site makes a mistake they would take it back. That is what you have done the whole time I was here and see no reason for you to change. He should have known that it was not his.

Zab
    That's what I have always done, but he feels slighted a bit
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

imo he knew he didn't escape......

This is pretty simple, he did not deserve them. Just the same as Lilg feels he should have gotten B2B because a sneak won. It makes for a good case but the fact of the matter is there are guidelines and rules we players have to abide by here. Whether we like it or not it is what it is.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

So jason thinks the right thing to do is for him to be allowed keep the points?? Imo the right thing to do was for jason to tell a mod/zab he got rewarded a bounty he didnt earn. Its not like he found the 200 pts on the ground in channel 2 or something. He was rewarded the points as a mistake and he would have known that so he cant complain when they are taken back.

The right and correct thing to do is that he gets nothing. Dont let someone being a cry baby and complaining about something make you do the wrong thing.

And seriously kicking up a fuss over 200 pts?? I mean if it was 2000 then sure if you spent the 2k it leaves you in a hole. But 200 pts. Spent or not its not to difficult to get out of the red.

Zab
    Locking the thread, JC is over it