Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64282.12

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rrickir View Post
    what do u mean xactly?? I post articles and news i read in the news a lot,, but u mean, we cant cut and paste? I<M not sure i get what u mean ? we have to retype them?
    It would be for people who are good at writing articles of their own off the top of the head based off information the know or learned.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    We actually trid this one before, electing someone who can just be dedicated to monitor the threads but nothing came about................
    So do you think a volunteer news team would work better maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by LCDaBoss View Post
    So do you think a volunteer news team would work better maybe?
    well I think the problem is most here play poker and view chat in between hands, finding someone to just sit around and monitor responses to threads is where the problem was.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

it hink this could be nice for people who have time and effort, to write orig articles. and not just paste news that we find to bring here. but not sure it should be point competitive is all, and dry is right , about the spam issue too. soomene woild really have to watch thos threads lol too

Banned
    well I think the problem is most here play poker and view chat in between hands, finding someone to just sit around and monitor responses to threads is where the problem was.
    Not hard *cough* not to point no fingers but *fingers pointed inward* he can do it.

It wouldnt be responses to a thread really it would just be watching over the "team" and what they post maybe re read it and check it out before posting to public. Thinking of an article section like ... (sorry to put links to other places but ... )
    Poker News - Legal, Industry and Tournament updates from PartTimePoker
    Poker Strategy Articles - Learn & Improve - Tips & Strategies
    Poker Strategy | Articles and Free Videos From PartTimePoker

PokerOwned Moderator CloudyMinded's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDaBoss View Post
    I was thinking more like official articles, like pokernews and sites like that have, but not copied, original content.
    oh ok, that kinda clarifies. So this would be someone writing an original piece about a news article they read...something like that? Sounds like a lot of work, but if there is someone out there willing or wanting to do it, could be kool. How many points would a good piece get? is that dependent on quality/content/viewings? how would that be determined?
    Last edited by CloudyMinded; 02-25-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudyMinded View Post
    oh ok, that clarifies. so this would be like the person copy and pasting the article onto here? or a link?
    No that's the only thing no copying and pasting, a person writing or team writing original articles. Could be similar but has to be original.

I think there are a couple of different directions this could go, and most have potential. One is just having an article section in the forum to post links in, basically the same way we do now, just with its own specific section. The other would be to have a section where PO members actually write articles to be published here. The best way to make sure a system like this wasn't abused would be to have someone review each submission before it's published on the site and make sure it isn't plagiarized and that the content is valuable, then award points. I think it could be very interesting.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Would anyone be interested in this?

Basically the way I have this clicking in my head (LCD gave me the idea) is that people post news \ original content. Depending on the length and quality of the news article (Or perhaps how many times it's been read or SOMETHING) we award points.

Again, must be original and not copied and pasted.

Thoughts?
    Yeah I'm blogging now L2Poker

Can I start getting points for this?

Zab
    honestly it sounds like a opening for a spam ground. Someone can google a long article from a poker blog and paste in for points.
    I can easily check content for originality.

Also, it would have to be approved by Mods or Me to get actually posted.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast