Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71298

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

One solution to staking/One solution to marketplace

I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel with this. There are 2 big issues here: Staking and trades.

Marketplace Idea
    Using BCP as the example, i don't think asking in the chat box is really an issue as long as you aren't asking every 5 minutes. Theoretically, when you want to buy BCP you need it in a hurry (upcoming tournament, etc.). So maybe in the marketplace listing, the people selling BCP that are ONLINE at the moment can go right to the top (big bold font). I think contact the seller directly is easier and more productive than asking the room.

Staking procedure

Stakees get:
    A form page that has a textbox where you can list what tournaments you want to play (you could say "Any tournament" as well) and the site (for now it's just BCP because of p2p restraints) - keeping this simple for now. Also, there should be a link on the stakee profile page that shows their recent stakes (will explain in more detail in a sec)

Stakers get:
    Access to a webpage that shows all of the people listed above, and what events they are looking to play.
    When a staker picks his horse (and they can communicate that through bubble/pm, doesn't really matter), they create a thread with the agreement (like we currently do) and use off-site trading to seal the agreement (not only does it protect the staker, but it's a good way to build trust as well).

When the tournament is over, the staker can update it with the results and feedback. If someone is getting staked a lot and cashes frequently AND pays immediately, it will reflect on their profile page - we can list all of the transactions they had SOLELY in staking.

This is a starting point, feel free to dissect it and add/remove stuff. If you guys think we can work with this I can mock some stuff up.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

Zab
    I admit the staking page needs to be totally redone
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

PokerOwned Demi-God DocHo11idaze's Avatar
    A lightbulb just went off in my head, heres a perfect example of a page as rivdee is describing. obviously just the layout of it because we dont use a #COMMAND as seals does but this is perfect imo.
    staking.jpg
    Turtleboooy: lol when i come on i think f*** that Doc guy but i dont know why...haha

Some tweaking to be done because thats for selling shares of action, but something similiar could be set up for an entire stake. sealsdeals.info lists all the mtt's people put their name on the list for X tournament and people go about it through SWC to buy shares, but can be fine tuned to suit PO and just an overall stake, not selling shares
    Turtleboooy: lol when i come on i think f*** that Doc guy but i dont know why...haha

Honestly, it's like I have TWO brilliant minds sometimes.

<br/>

brilliant i tell ya...brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post
    I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel with this. There are 2 big issues here: Staking and trades.

Marketplace Idea
    Using BCP as the example, i don't think asking in the chat box is really an issue as long as you aren't asking every 5 minutes. Theoretically, when you want to buy BCP you need it in a hurry (upcoming tournament, etc.). So maybe in the marketplace listing, the people selling BCP that are ONLINE at the moment can go right to the top (big bold font). I think contact the seller directly is easier and more productive than asking the room.

Staking procedure

Stakees get:
    A form page that has a textbox where you can list what tournaments you want to play (you could say "Any tournament" as well) and the site (for now it's just BCP because of p2p restraints) - keeping this simple for now. Also, there should be a link on the stakee profile page that shows their recent stakes (will explain in more detail in a sec)

Stakers get:
    Access to a webpage that shows all of the people listed above, and what events they are looking to play.
    When a staker picks his horse (and they can communicate that through bubble/pm, doesn't really matter), they create a thread with the agreement (like we currently do) and use off-site trading to seal the agreement (not only does it protect the staker, but it's a good way to build trust as well).

When the tournament is over, the staker can update it with the results and feedback. If someone is getting staked a lot and cashes frequently AND pays immediately, it will reflect on their profile page - we can list all of the transactions they had SOLELY in staking.

This is a starting point, feel free to dissect it and add/remove stuff. If you guys think we can work with this I can mock some stuff up.
    Marketplace def needs the ticker in discussion to be effective, and separate the defaults from live market offers (it is in marketplace ok, but NOT if you go into marketplace forum, need to really reorganize those two so they coexist better)

The staking idea for stakees is ok, however that only caters to the horses, not the staker. Most stakers prefer to get applications for stakes they post, not look for possible degens that post what they want to do. Now if you have that AND a good way for stakers to post what they would like to stake out and have a good way to apply where the staker can easily click into background check, off site trade, etc. thats a good start to a good program for here
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

Zab
    I need some serious specs on exactly whats needed so we get this perfect..
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    You want me to spec out some screenshots? Gimme a little bit I can bang it out.

<br/>

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    check out sealsdeals.info i think it could work for a general layout of people posting what they want to run. it lists tournaments etc. on the mentioned site theres a weboftrust. we can link insert a search box which pulls up results in background check. May take some work so the PO page isnt a clusterfuck, but manage a way to list one tournament, such as the big 10 1k GTD. and lists the horses that have posted that want to run it. So all willing horses will be listed under the 1k, others under 12.5k, etc. Some fine tuning and coding could manage to add information such as cashes/money won on stakes/etc listed with the horses

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast