Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,158

BTC Rate: $9578.16

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 223
  1. #1
    Zab
    Zab is offline
    PokerOwned Admin Zab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,248

    New Upgrade - Grinder Challenge -

    Prawney came up with this idea:

    *** IF YOU ARE IN DEFAULT (At the START of the 1st game) YOU WILL NOT WIN GRINDER PERIOD ***


    What is this?
    We run 5 tournaments per day on the Client. If you run hot in a given day, you will win this progressive prize pool promotion. Every time you make the final table in a tournament you will win points, if you win enough points in the 5 tournaments of the day, you will win 80% of the prize pool (The other 20% goes to reseed for the next time)

    How many points do I need and how many points can I earn?
    To start, you will need 40 points to trigger the progressive prize pool, but this does not guarantee that you will win.

    Max 55 points in a days worth of tournaments can be won-

    1st place finish = 11 points
    2 - 9
    3 - 8
    4 - 7
    5 - 6
    6 - 5
    7 - 4
    8 - 3
    9 - 2
    10th place finish = 1 points

    You will need AT LEAST 40 points to trigger the prize pool.

    I cannot play in all 5 tournaments, can I still win?
    Yes! If you finished 1st (11 points), 1st (11 points), 1st (11 points), 4th (7 points) that would = 40 points.

    What do you mean trigger the prize pool? If I get to 40 don't I win?
    Not exactly. In the event of a tie, the points will be split. In the event that you finish with 40 points and then someone else finishes with 41 points, the person with the highest point total would be awarded the points.

    40 points seems like a TON, will this ever be won?

    Yes I am sure it will be. We wanted to make this hard but not impossible. We will watch and see how this goes. If no one is even coming close we will lower it. On the flip side if to many people are getting it, we will raise the total # of points.


    Mini-Grinder Challenge, how it works:

    The first one to 175 grinder points wins 10% of the prize pool.


    After it's hit, everyone is reset to 0 grinder points and we start again, simple!

    If 175 points is to hard, then we'll lower it.. If it's to easy, we'll raise it! It's something that should probably be hit 1-2 times per month.
    Last edited by Zab; 05-28-2014 at 03:43 PM.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    33
    This sounds really fun

  3. #3
    PokerOwned God
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,436
    wow another great thing added to the forum! can't wait to win it !

    #NiggasInParis

  4. #4
    PokerOwned Demi-God ssuglia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    813
    I like this idea.

    I just don't believe Prawney was smart enough to think of it.

  5. #5
    PokerOwned Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    319
    sounds like an awesome promotions ty zab ... and the kill the champ is awesome

  6. #6
    lowball
    Guest
    excited for this 1

  7. #7
    Elite PokerOwned Member lulabell79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    534
    This sounds so cool.. A few weeks ago I was at final table like 6 tournies in a row! Too bad it wasnt in place then.
    There are TWO rules for ultimate success in poker:
    1. Never tell everything you know.

  8. #8
    Elite PokerOwned Member joshtheking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    557
    sounds cool cant wait to try 4 it!
    FORGIVENESS IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!THATS RIGHT THE KING IS BACK AND THIS TIME FOR GOOD SO DONT GET COMFORTABLE ,YOU BETTER PLAY TIGHTER.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18
    sounds like fun

  10. #10
    PokerOwned God LvegasL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,569
    what if your on a roll and you miss a tourney that is no fault of your own?
    "Maybe Poker's Just Not Your Game"

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •