Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70664.38

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Zab

Giving the users power

I want to somehow find a way to give the users back the power to declare a post in the forum as spam..but how?

If I give you a button to declare a post spammy, and then the post gets XX # of hits, its deleted and the user is subtracted 5 points...

But I worry about allowing that for to many people.

So what if I give users that are over XX months old that ability? Still issues?

Or if I designate certain users with that power (We saw before, 1 user might be not enough, so if 2-3 of these users with that power had the ability... and more than 1 thought it was spam, then the deletion \ minus points would happen)

Thoughts?
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

I have been here awhile and i have no life so give me the power
    "Heard you're looking for a stud. Well, I got the S-T-D. All I need is you. " - Rooster

You would need to add a dropdown that says why they are declaring it spam - i could easily see people creating a thread and doing that to any post they dont like.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

Id worry about a group of people (or MAs) colluding to mark valid posts due to a personal issue with the poster. Setting about 5-10 peeps with the power should be good (or length of time here + post count used to choose), it should probably go to a mod review thread so it can be verified spam or not, and power revoked if abused. Good idea to have that available tho

Seasoned Veteran
    I would support this power for mods assuming it would be regulated to prevent any impropriety.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i dont like the idea only because to many ppl hate eachother on here and it would only cause more problems..... unless u could some how see who considered each comment/post "spam". my 2 cents.

Maybe set it up so that it's for anyone with over a year and not under any type of ban, and then it takes 5 votes to get removed. But don't post how many votes a comment has already gotten cause then it will just start a domino effect of voting out a thread. Or only give the mods the power and it takes 2 mod votes to delete a thread/comment.
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

I foresee no issues coming from this...LOL...<---100% Sarcasm! I would stick with what is working! Yea, it is probably not completely carrying the load but I would have to imagine it is still better than the possible future drama stemming from this! You could possibly be adding to your own workload Z!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I personally think give the power to all over 1 month users. Make it five "flags" and set up a way to dispute a claim if you're flagged.

PokerOwned Veteran
    i think it should be more then just how long you've been here..ive been here long but inactive for a few months...maybe somehow have it to do with someone activity?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast