Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63668.41

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar

General Freeroll Strategy

Here is a general freeroll strategy that I see employed by most players in the freerolls. Go ahead and try it yourself if you don't know what else to do.

Pre-Flop

Go ahead and call with level 3 cards (any ace card, a face card with a 9, suited face cards, pairs). Raise with level 1 cards (AA, KK, QQ, JJ). If someone raises a little bit, just call with level 3 cards. If your on the dealer button, raise with level 3 cards.

Flop

If you have top pair, or over pair and you did not call a pre-flop raise. Bet the pot. If people go all in, you go all in. Otherwise, check.

Check 100% of the time if you called a pre-flop raise. If your opponent bets, call with a pair, ace high, drawing hands (two overs, flush, straight). If you have top pair, re-raise. If your opponent checks, bet no matter what you have.

Turn

If you bet the flop or reraised. Keep betting.

Keep calling and checking with any pairs and draws.

River

If you bet the turn keep betting.

If you have missed draws, now is the time to check or fold. If you have a bad pair and there is a big bet from opponent, fold.

Notes

A good bet is a pot sized bet on the flop, half the pot on the turn and river.

A good pre-flop raise is 3X the size of the big blind.

If low on chips, it doesn't matter what you do. It's all about luck at this point, any play is good.

Always say Good Game when someone is knocked out.

This is not a strategy meant to maximize your profits. No strategy in the world can make you better, only YOU can. Strategies are meaningless unless you know why you are following them.
    Last edited by MovingFlea; 10-14-2013 at 02:16 AM.

PokerOwned Master
    damm this is some optimal strats mate tnx

you forgot 1 important thing..................... I will see if you can guess it

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    you forgot 1 important thing..................... I will see if you can guess it
    clue please

Elite PokerOwned Member
    SWC has a good page on freeroll strategies. Some of them are nearly polar opposites but people play different, it is good to not be predictable, and there is more than one way to skin a cat.

PokerOwned Master
    YES, this is somehow "How to start playing" I can agree that all of mentioned advices are 'correct'! Keep playing is the key to grow in poker. Great kick-off mate

Experienced Member
    I always get lead in any kind of freerolls (any game type, any guarancee, any blind structure), but then I can't take it to ITM :-(.
    Must read some of your tips to learn. Any advices are welcome ;-) ;-)

Thanks

Elite PokerOwned Member
    This might help you.... Divide the field by the number of places paid. Multiply that number by your starting stack. Once your over that number in most cases you can sit out and make the money. This isn't a very profitable strategy but it will almost guarantee you some payout. Perhaps though, you should work on switching your styles in a game, It is easy to start loose and win then lose it all because you didn't adjust. I'm not saying get scared, don't make plays, or start only playing super premiums. I'm just saying pay attention to the table, pay attention to your odds, and protect your stack.

PokerOwned God
    Interesting strategy indeed. Thanks for this.

Experienced Member
    very interesting but what could it hurt to try it i just play different i try to play the same wether a freeroll or for money

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast