Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61603.35

Threaded View

PokerOwned Veteran

Exclamation People don't seem to think "bad beats" should happen in online poker. Why?

It seems every single time someone loses on the river or their AA gets cracked they say something like, "What a joke!", "UNBELIEVEABLE", "So rigged obv", "F*** (insert poker skin)", etc. etc.

First off, to many of these people, losing a hand of any kind is a bad beat. But even for the ones that are in fact bad beats....THEY HAPPEN. And they don't only happen online. I play live poker all the time in Tunica and other places and trust me, they happen in person also. Live poker has call stations, wacky flops and rivers too. Maybe people don't realize the more hands you see (obv. you'll see more online) the more chance you have to have something go wrong/ have a bad beat.

I'm just so sick of people acting like a person should never come from behind. The hand isnt over til the river. I would also like to add, sometimes those "bad beats" are your fault for not betting right for that given hand or having the right table image to not get the risky calls made against you.

Suck it up. Realize it's part of the game sometimes. And move on.
    Last edited by TheChipTrap; 10-18-2013 at 12:12 AM.