Hello All

Ill be graduating college in May (from Auburn) and considering moving to Vegas for 6 months to just grind poker and experience Vegas for a short time before getting a "real" job and using my degree. Below is what I will be planning on doing in terms of everyday life and just wanted peoples opinion.

First off I was lucky enough not to have to pay my way through college (my parents gave me 4 years to get through then it was on my dime - i got through thank god). While in college I worked in a bar/restaurant and made a good amount of money. I also have won a fair amount online pre black friday. I currently have 27k in the bank for Vegas.

Now I would be renting an apartment - small - for 6 months (right now Vegas is very very cheap - only way I could do this)

Apartment would be roughly 750-1k per month including all the utilities. So 6 months say that would 6k (on the high side).

I would be left with 21k to grind and live with. During this time it will be the WSOP and Im honestly not going to play any events but maybe a small 1k event and going to play some smaller buy in side events.

On a day to day basis I would be grinding 1-3 (300 buy in) at the Aria and playing the small $150 daily mtt there and at the Venetian at 12pm and 7pm.

At the Aria you gain $3 per hour poker comps which I honestly will be playing 8+ hrs a day for 5 days a week (Im treating this like a 9-5 job). So 40 hrs (min a week) x $3 comp = $120 comps per week.

I would be using these comps once a week for a decent dinner or to see a show. I mean come on I ate pb&j and ramen noodles for 4 years to save money to do this.

My question to everyone is does anyone think this is just crazy (aka my mother) and if so why or why not? I mean come on you only live once its only 6 months of my life and I have a stable background with a degree. Just want to do something like this for a short period of time before I have to USE my degree in the "real" world and Hey you never know what will happen in Vegas!!!

(Also Im not like a degen gambler who will be betting craps, bj, and sports while Im out there, It will be strictly Poker).

Thanks

1hate3d0nk5