Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63810.57

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

What stakes should i be playing with my bankroll??

Hi guys ive grinded my bank up to about 130$ on Carbon from my 100$ deposit and Bankroll Management/ tilting has always been an issue for me. . I would just like to know some general rules of thumb for the level sngs, tourneys, and cash games i should be playing right now.

Seasoned Veteran
    I like to only play tables I can beat. There is an old saying, if you can’t handle the heat, get out of the fire.
    So only play stakes that make you feel comfortable at, you also might want to think about playing in sit and go, and tournaments, they offer great prizes for little risk.

~SwordCall

PokerOwned Veteran
    Yeah, it's all based on your preferences and what you are good at. It's always better to stay at lower stakes than higher in case you get unlucky/go on tilt.

I keep it simple and no matter what the game I won't buy in with more than 5% of my br.

Elite PokerOwned Member wykydsceptre's Avatar
    congrats! A little more info please! are ya cash-gaming, SNG, or MTT?

PokerOwned Veteran
    General Rule: You want about 3 Buy-Ins for Cash and about 10 Buy ins for Tournament.... and usually you should keep that to about 1/5 of your entire bankroll

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idBiGot View Post
    General Rule: You want about 3 Buy-Ins for Cash and about 10 Buy ins for Tournament.... and usually you should keep that to about 1/5 of your entire bankroll
    Listen to that if you want to go broke.

20 buy ins minimum for cash, 40 BI for SNG (more if hyper turbos) 100 BI for MTT tournaments (80 if your pro maybe, expect to drop down due to bad runs between cashes)

I'd play .02 .05 till $200 then take a shot at .05-.10

If you wanted to play professionally at a certain level - pretty much double those requirements. 10 BI downswings aren't unheard of, including 40k hands of breakeven.

keep it low bro...keep it low.........

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by roebuck212 View Post
    Hi guys ive grinded my bank up to about 130$ on Carbon from my 100$ deposit and Bankroll Management/ tilting has always been an issue for me. . I would just like to know some general rules of thumb for the level sngs, tourneys, and cash games i should be playing right now.
    It took me a long time to realize that if I couldn't beat the lowest stake, I was wasting even more money playing higher. If your goal is to move up fast that's fine, just set some guidelines. For example move up when you reach 30 buyins at the next stake then take a 10 buyin shot at that stake, if you blow 10 buyins move back down until you have 30 buy ins again at the next highest stake. That is just an example, run the process through your mind and do what makes sense or better yet post it and ask for comments for and against it then decide what you want to do.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Noct18 View Post
    Listen to that if you want to go broke.

20 buy ins minimum for cash, 40 BI for SNG (more if hyper turbos) 100 BI for MTT tournaments (80 if your pro maybe, expect to drop down due to bad runs between cashes)

I'd play .02 .05 till $200 then take a shot at .05-.10

If you wanted to play professionally at a certain level - pretty much double those requirements. 10 BI downswings aren't unheard of, including 40k hands of breakeven.
    I never have more than 4 or 5 bI so this might explain why i never have a bank roll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast