Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61328.88

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bankroll Management

I wanted to start this thread because I am looking for some good advice...My struggle with poker is my bankroll management.Ive been a roller coaster since I started online poker.I think my biggest weakness is playing low stakes cash games and playing when Im really not in the mood to be playing.I will do good for a while but then I find myself playing just because Im trying to increase my BR even when Im not in the mood to be at a table.I definately have to learn after I am getting bored to just take a break...but then if I lose I cant seem to get up because I want my money back..lol.Then playing these low stakes cash games when I get donked for a big pot I just go nuts and start chasing everything...the next thing I know Im down 30 or 40 bucks.By the time the days done and over I will have dumped 100 dollars just chasing my loses.I am starting over and going to try and stick with a strict bankroll management.I am starting at the sngs micro stakes $2 dollar and five dollar buy ins.I am also staying away from the super turbos.I like paying them sometimes 4 and 5 tables at a time but them are also just shove fests with no real skill but catching cards envolved.I am also staying away from micro stakes cash games.Just to hard to protect your hand with the low stakes.Experiencing way to many bad beats.I just started this thread for some advice and to see if anyone else can relate.Ty

Elite PokerOwned Member
    This is a HUGE struggle for the average player everyone has been there before but here are some of my tips:

1.) Absolutely dont play if your not in the mood or focused to play.

2.) Understand that your going to take some beats its the nature of it but controlling a beat and not going wild after is key.

3.) Play within a bankroll **This is huge**

- 02/04 nl buying in $4 you need atleast $40 - now of course you can go sit with a smaller bankroll and try to double and leave but Im giving long term advice on sustaining a roll.

- MTT you need 75-100 BI's - You can do it more along 50 BI's at the $1-$5 range

- SNG's - I rarely play due to rake heaven and swings

4.) Best way to build a roll an sustain it over time is to play double or nothing sngs very very very easy to cash and build slowly

5.) Understand this is a game if your playing for fun and a recreation player understand that - of course everyone is trying to make money but understand 85%+ of online players lose money.

I think bankroll management is most players problems in online play. I know it is mine. I have no good advice but I am certainly looking forward to seeing what everyone suggests.

Banned
    I am terrible at bankroll management but still am able to be a winning player god knows how. However for MTTs you should have at least 100 buyins. Sometimes i have only 50 which is not good practice if your not an expert at poker like i am.

PokerOwned Veteran
    The problem for me when I get a bankroll to manage is that I live in a house with my sister and her daughter and my grandmother (89). If it is not my sister comming in and talking it is an emegency with one of them at the worst time

Banned
    That has absolutely nothing to do with poker you know.

Thanks for all the tips.Gooch I agree with everything but I do like the 1 table sngs I am at about 75% cash ratio with them.

Quote Originally Posted by pookat View Post
    The problem for me when I get a bankroll to manage is that I live in a house with my sister and her daughter and my grandmother (89). If it is not my sister comming in and talking it is an emegency with one of them at the worst time
    I would not play unless you know you can play hassle free, maybe even ask them to let you be for a couple hours or more lol
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by pookat View Post
    I had this same situation, My wife or my 14 year old son or my 4 year old daughter required my attention, so finally I called a family meeting and we agreed that they have my time until around 9 or 10 pm then I am going to play poker. so far it is working perfect.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

This is very funny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast