Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70929.94

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member

Use Your Credit Wisely

If you are a beginner here, use your credit wisely. Lending and borrowing are great ways to keep your poker accounts active, but try be smart about it lest you ruin your reputation. Here are some tips.

• Don't try to borrow money if you are new here. This should be obvious, but you don't know how many people I have seen asking for several thousand points, and when I click on their name I see the account was created today. This looks like a scammer, so unless you are trying to scam, don't do this. Instead try to get to know people in chat, post in the forum and play in the freerolls and client games. People will lend to you once they get to know you.
    • Borrow small amounts at first. Try to make a name for yourself to build your creditworthiness. Like the 18-year old that gets the electric and phone bill put into his name so that he can one day get a credit card, you should ask for a few hundred points and pay it back on time. Rinse and repeat a few times and you will have a reputation that enables you to borrow even more in the future.
    • Don't pay back late! If you pay loans back late it will be noted in your feedback. This will translate into higher borrowing charges from the lenders, and eventually lead to your being cut off from credit altogether if it happens a lot.
    • Don't get in over your head. This is the most important one. Desperation is easy to detect and nobody, I mean nobody wants to lend to that guy that already has a late loan out in the "loan shark" section, and is messaging in chat and the poker client every night for loans through the market. Make sure you have a plan to pay back the loans you take out ON TIME, even if you manage to lose all the points. If you have no way to buy points and you are borrowing for 7 days, then don't ask for a 3,000-point loan, because there is no way you can pay that back if you lose it. 300 points is something you can more reasonably expect to pay back if you lose it all, by posting, playing the lottery and doing a couple surveys or videos here and there.

I'm sure there are more tips, so please post them old-timers!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Nice instructions and tips for this, very helpful indeed.

well nice tips for a beginner and this forum is very educational.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    been here a couple of weeks still havent learned the whole seen
    but good tips for sure
    have gotten my points stack up by a few key offers and its been kinda different than any
    other forum ive been on

PokerOwned Veteran
    I wasn't familiar with the borrowing and lending of points, but thanks for the tips.

thats good advice. use yor credit wisely. I always try to pay people back in time. you never know when you might need something.
    A bad attitude is just like a car with a flat tire, "You aren't going anywhere unless you change it."

PokerOwned God
    like this thread , just wish new members would follow it !

#NiggasInParis

yeah i get PM's from new players asking to borrow points and i keep telling them not right now.
    A bad attitude is just like a car with a flat tire, "You aren't going anywhere unless you change it."

Tiarra, I must say that you're posts are always the most organized and well thought out of anyone on this site. I'd say you'd be perfect mod material if only you were around the site more often. Keep up the good work

If i see a new member with a small loan shark up i will do it so that they can build their feedback and possibly get further loans with the good freedback. But the new members with 2K loans up are just crazy if they think thast gonna be accepted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast