Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63782.05

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting hands

PokerOwned Veteran

Starting hands

Top Ten Starting Hands

A A - This hands beats everything......at first. Watch out for RVCrusher though, he likes to play 6 2 off suit which will probably win online

K K and Q Q - Next best things to A A. They get beat alot by Ace-rags so you need to bet enough to get action, but still get hands that shouldn't play, out.

A K suited - Great hand, but still needs to hit vs a pair.

A Q suited - Still a great hand, but in very important spots, be careful. still hard to fold either way

J J - Fish hooks are good, but beat by a lot. They are good enough to play almost anytime, but can be beaten by many hands, better or worse starting

K Q, A J, K J all suited. A K, A Q, and A J off suit - Pretty good hands, but pay attention to the action at the tables.

If you draw up a really great hand, you should bet aggressively to knock out the "bad" hands from the pot. Also, keep in mind to make a Call, you need to think you have a better hand than the aggressor.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicButter View Post
    .... Watch out for RVCrusher though, he likes to play 6 2 off suit which will probably win online...
    lol ... that is funny stuff on multiple levels

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    lol ... that is funny stuff on multiple levels
    RVCrusher is a good friend, so i'm allowed to pick on him. And the 6-2 off suit, well. that is just the nutz on merge and there's no denying that.

Seasoned Veteran
    God JJ is such an annoying/tough hand to play. The flop brings a scare card the majority of the time (55% I remember hearing? -could be completely wrong there) and it's tough to play after that. Honestly I sometimes just shove JJ and hope to avoid AA/KK/QQ. Probably a terrible strategy (although I don't actually do this if I'm playing high stakes or deep in a tournament) but seems like I lose a ton of money with JJ

just hit quads with your jacks and your pretty much all set, i can sell me strategy of consistent quad flops holding JJ for 3 installments of $19.00USD. First installment I will teach you how to consistently flop sets with JJ, once you get good(flopping a set 89.4% of the time), I will ask if you would like to continue and learn to consistently flop quads for another payment of $19.00USD once you have become proficient in flopping quads while holding JJ(77.3% of the time) I will accept one more payment of $19.00USD for completement of training and the ability to train others

MOVIN ON UP, LIKE THE FUKIN JEFFERSONS

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BLINGBLAOW View Post
    just hit quads with your jacks and your pretty much all set, i can sell me strategy of consistent quad flops holding JJ for 3 installments of $19.00USD. First installment I will teach you how to consistently flop sets with JJ, once you get good(flopping a set 89.4% of the time), I will ask if you would like to continue and learn to consistently flop quads for another payment of $19.00USD once you have become proficient in flopping quads while holding JJ(77.3% of the time) I will accept one more payment of $19.00USD for completement of training and the ability to train others
    not interested in quads jacks but if you could donk-proof my game i would happily pay whatever you ask.

Seasoned Veteran
    haha sounds like a good deal...i would love to hit quad jacks on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by joefine View Post
    not interested in quads jacks but if you could donk-proof my game i would happily pay whatever you ask.
    I think this about sums it up for me as well. Id pay wtf ever they wanted LOL
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Pro
    i dont know why people hate JJ
    i win more than i lose with JJ

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i would definetly call with JJ before the flop

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast