Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64527.02

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sergeant

Small pocket pairs

Yesterday in the full tilt pokerowned private tourny, i was dealt pocket 4's at the time table chip leader but admittedly not by much.

I was big blind, the dude under the gun was short stacked but pushes all in, it folds round to 1 off the button and only 300 chips behind me also declare all-in, the button also takes the chips and goes all-in.

weve got 3 people all-in, the small blind folds and down to me to act, I went to fold... then paused.... if 3 people are going all-in with a slightly loose game being played im guess theyve got premium cards or all with aces and going for broke. With that in mind 3 aces have been dealt making my 4's look quite juicy but then any kicker card to come would throw me out.

I folded with the three players confirming my thoughts A-8 UTG, A-K 1 off the button and A-Q on the button

None of them made a hit and A-K takes his total to just over 6K, obvisously hind sight i know i would of won........ but with my thoughts of them all having aces would it of been right to call with a small pair like 4's and going for broke? or did i play it correctly?

any answers will be great thanks
    Last edited by ojwood; 02-02-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Corporal
    i had a similar hand recently. playing very well in a tournament, got dealt pocket 7s. ended up going all in after a flop of 2 4 6. Lost to A Q after a queen comes on the turn. I think now my opinion is if youre playing good in the tournament, don't get involved in those small pocket pairs.

Banned
    i love playing all pairs if it's cheap enough to your stake... Well good luck alll

Experienced Member
    i always love playing pocket pairs by limping in and seeing cheap flops so that if you hit a set it is very well disguised =]

playing small pairs are great if you know it's just you an another person,,, or if on the button and the cost to see the flop gets the right odds with multi players,,,go for it...
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Linds8491
    It depends on the positions for me.

Corporal
    i agree with linds, it definitely depends on the position. you cant play a low pocket pair from early position

PokerOwned Master
    I agree small pairs are good if there cheap or a last resort

Master Sergeant
    Usually these are very risky but if you catch another one on the flop then you are usually good to go but if not its best to just fold

Lieutenant Commander TopJimmy99's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree. I still hate missin' on the flop though, at least you're not expecting too much like with JJ (which always gets cracked haha)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast