Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $60810.71

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar

Rebuy Tournements

What's a good strategy to play these things?

Do you have to 'rebuy' everytime you enter so you can x2 up at the same pace as the rest of the groups?

How do you counter the advent of being moved to another table?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Rebuy tournaments are ok. Just one rebuy though.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I do not play in rebuy tournaments for the chance that all idiots play based on the sins committed can rebuy ....

PokerOwned Veteren
    The plan in a rebuy tournament is to chip up early. You should always buy a double stack if the game will allow it. Always use the addon. If you cant afford rebuys and the addon you should find a tournament you can afford.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allindonkey View Post
    The plan in a rebuy tournament is to chip up early. You should always buy a double stack if the game will allow it. Always use the addon. If you cant afford rebuys and the addon you should find a tournament you can afford.
    Thanks!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

PokerOwned God
    Tried it both ways (buying lots of rebuys playing loose and tight with minimum 1rb and add on)...

Method 1: It is way easier to cash with dbl rebuy stack start and then challenging everyone with middle and better pocket pairs and rebuying in the 1st session. Problem is you need to place in top 20 or better to get ur money back. That being said - the real money is in a top 10 and you will get closer to that more times with more rebuys and the 1 add-on. Hell you take top 3 and ur tourneys are paid for a month at least.

Method #2: Tight and solid with minimum rebuys/add-on. If you get a few hands early you can "earn" your rebuys with solid play. Thats a big if when every donky at the table is drawing. So it may take a few tourneys to out race the 65 suiteds and J10 river str8's. This a safer, BRM way to play but you will cash less ofte but make your money back most of the time. Problem is that you will be up against guys that rebought 5x until they won a 5 way all in with pocket 5's and a pot of 30k. You wont top 10 very often trying to out donk 50k stacks all around you to make it into the top 10 - where the real money is and where the fun is.

IF your a gd poker player it doesn't matter which way you choose - if you like cashing in touneys and don't mind paying more up front - or if you like having fun - dbl rebuy and shove like a boss in the first session. Last tourney I played like this (it paid top 50 players- very easy to cash) but I needed a top 20 and made it to like 22. Lost $1.90 I think - but was way more fun having a chance to get a top 10.

PokerOwned Veteren
    1R 1A more then that begin sound like bingo

i dont like rebuys i think once your out your out but if im playing ill only rebuy once and add on if im not in the top 10
    %.

PokerOwned God
    i also rebuy the first hand so i can double up find that strategy works for me

PokerOwned Veteran
    just play poker ;D

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast