Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70763.18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

question of the day

your short stacked...like 12 blinds left, 7 places from the money, playing 9 handed..is Q9 offsuit, a pushing hand?

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintBluffins View Post
    your short stacked...like 12 blinds left, 7 places from the money, playing 9 handed..is Q9 offsuit, a pushing hand?
    Depends who's on the table.
    If you were that good you wouldn't have to tell me, everyone else would tell me.

wah wah wah

Seasoned Veteran
    Check the lobby, how much money does everyone else have (in terms of people between you and the money)? If not a lot, then you can try to wait it out for them to shove. What position are you in? How many people folded ahead of you? Q9 isn't really that respectable of a hand to shove on in my opinion unless you are SB or OTB and a lot of people have folded, if you have to play Q9 off, give yourself better odds by going heads-up (heads-up will give you odds closer to 40-60, 30-70 at worst while going 3 handed will give you odds of 33% of winning the pot at best and your odds are likely to be worse than that.)

PokerOwned Veteran
    I think I would wait unless it is a loose player with a wide range and the pay jump should matter.

If I were you I sit back and wait as long as you can and hope that you get the two rite cards to push all-in on!

I try not to shove unless I'm at the 10bb or less point so with 12 I'd wait a bit longer. If it was Q9 suited, though, I'd go for it depending on the table. It also depends on position-- it's best to shove on the button or one of the blinds so you have a possibly bigger pot (with all the people limping in mid position and a possible button raise).

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintBluffins View Post
    No, next question

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyfive View Post
    I try not to shove unless I'm at the 10bb or less point so with 12 I'd wait a bit longer. If it was Q9 suited, though, I'd go for it depending on the table. It also depends on position-- it's best to shove on the button or one of the blinds so you have a possibly bigger pot (with all the people limping in mid position and a possible button raise).
    I agree here, but at some point you have to just take the dive, because waiting around for a monster is a losing strategy. One more round - if you don't get your obvious action hand, take a solid face or ace and dive in
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

PokerOwned Veteran
    depends if antes have kicked in yet or not, and your position...otb, sb, or maybe cutoff if everyone's folded to you and antes have kicked in, shove and hope.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast