Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70711.49

Thread: Omaha or Holdem

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar

Omaha or Holdem

Another curious question.....

In the past couple months, I have picked up the game of PLO. This is pretty new to me and it's a slow go to learn, but having fun with it. It does seem to be popular, though. Which game do you prefer..Holdem? PLO?

PokerOwned God
    PLO8 tables is where I play cash online ... don't recommend it for people with tilt issues cuz its swingy as hell. Nothing like having a nut nut on the turn only to get counterfeited and scooped on the river. Kinda hard to explain to people that don't play O8 regularly, but I'm sure there there are others on here like rrriiiicckkkk who know exactly what I am saying.

Elite PokerOwned Member vali1212's Avatar
    cash tables-PLO,tournaments-NLH

PokerOwned Master
    imo due to popularity of televised poker most people understand hold 'em better and feel more comfortable with that game. but imo plo and hold 'em are two different game with different strategies. hold 'em "should" have more emphasis on pre-flop starting hands. (i say should because i don't think people really believe this or understand this in the micro stakes) while plo is such a draw heavy game with tons of variance due to the nature of being able to connect with the board in so may ways. i'm really starting to like plo cause i seem to run better in that game. but to each his own.

Banned
    I hate hold em, my favorite game is Razz and then PLO, than any variation of HORSE, and then hold em.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i like holdem its most popular basic poker according to me but what i think of when i think of poker. i think omaha is also nice but lil more difficult initially to understand

PLO live only...Online players tend to be a little better (hard to believe), live players get confused more easily by trying to look at 4 cards and remembering them. I don't know what it is about playing PLO live but the games are so easy to crush. To bad I haven't seen a PLO game run since moving to SD

Omaha, more skill, more out, more fun

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlova View Post
    PLO live only...Online players tend to be a little better (hard to believe), live players get confused more easily by trying to look at 4 cards and remembering them. I don't know what it is about playing PLO live but the games are so easy to crush. To bad I haven't seen a PLO game run since moving to SD
    I've noticed that too ... lot more peaking back at their cards.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    my favorite is Holdem but every now and then for a change i enjoy playing HORSE