Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61328.88

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar

Poker Books to Download for Kindle

Ok, I'm going to finally breakdown and download a beginner poker book...I'm not gonna lie, it needs to be easy to follow and understand, nothing complicated just yet. Any ideas?

PokerOwned Master
    of course the classic super system by dolye bruson. also if you want to play sit 'n go collin moshman's sit 'n go strategy. but before buying i would ask around to see if anyone already has electronic copies of these. if you had an iPad or if the kindle can handle pdfs i can give you these two.

PokerOwned God
    Tell me all games you are interested in and I can give you some advice ... nlh would be my first guess but even that is vague. Details like ... Cash, tourneys, SitnGos, kinda like 7 card Stud, and sometimes I play live.

Know what I'm sayin...The more info you give me the better answer I'll give you.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    u shud dload ne book by DAN HARRINGTON this is what every1 recommends i have not read any poker book but would be curious to see why DAN is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    Tell me all games you are interested in and I can give you some advice ... nlh would be my first guess but even that is vague. Details like ... Cash, tourneys, SitnGos, kinda like 7 card Stud, and sometimes I play live.

Know what I'm sayin...The more info you give me the better answer I'll give you.
    I guess I didn't realize there would be that many different titles out there. How about we stick with holdem, for MTT's and SNG's ..as long as there is some focus on that game. Does that help?

PokerOwned Veteran
    Harrington on Holdem Vol 1 is a good, solid, easy to read intro for Holdem tournaments. It's kind of like a textbook; he gives you concepts then gives you some problems to do which are example hands from tournaments and asks you how you would act in the given situation. I would read that before you read anything else.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by shesellsseashells View Post
    I guess I didn't realize there would be that many different titles out there. How about we stick with holdem, for MTT's and SNG's ..as long as there is some focus on that game. Does that help?
    As your first book you would find Harrington on Holdem volume 1 would be a fine start. Volume 2 expands on Volume 1 if you like it, and Volume 3 is a workbook ...

There are better then those 3 books but for a starters they certainly won't hurt and will most certainly help. When they came out they were the best for the time ... times change though...

Elite PokerOwned Member MrPokerVerse's Avatar
    Ok, I'm going to finally breakdown and download a beginner poker book...I'm not gonna lie, it needs to be easy to follow and understand, nothing complicated just yet. Any ideas?
    This is an easy read and available in Kindle:

Phil Gordon's Little Green Book: Lessons and Teachings in No Limit Texas Hold'em

Best book to help my game was this series:

Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time Volume 1 & 2, volume 3 is do out this year.
    "When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience." anonymous quote

Quote Originally Posted by MrPokerVerse View Post
    This is an easy read and available in Kindle:

Phil Gordon's Little Green Book: Lessons and Teachings in No Limit Texas Hold'em

Best book to help my game was this series:

Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time Volume 1 & 2, volume 3 is do out this year.
    I downloaded a sample of Phil Gordon's book..not only is there a Green Book there is a Gold Book too. Apparently, it does come recommended to newbies. I also downloaded samples of Colin Moshman's Sit'n Go Strategy and the Math of Holdem. We'll see which ones I will buy.

Elite PokerOwned Member MrPokerVerse's Avatar
    I downloaded a sample of Phil Gordon's book..not only is there a Green Book there is a Gold Book too. Apparently, it does come recommended to newbies. I also downloaded samples of Colin Moshman's Sit'n Go Strategy and the Math of Holdem. We'll see which ones I will buy.
    Sounds great, let me know how the Math of Holdem is, have read couple of Colin's books and the SnG was worth the time spent.
    "When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience." anonymous quote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast