Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63415.6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Well, I believe I will have to buy the Phil Gordon book now..the sample was way too short. I am still reading the sample of the Colin Moshman collection (I have a feeling I will be buying the Sit n' Go Strategy). Actually, these are pretty good reads and easy to follow, so far. thanks for the input everyone.

PokerOwned God
    All the Gordon books that I read were pretty good ... its a good choice. If you continue to get books you'll fine that there is a lot of overlap.

Banned
    pokerbooks, I have read a couple good ones by Holden, but they are not really about strategy or anything. They are about his time playing and what he did. I don't put much value into what other people tell you to play, I don't really put much worth into it. Everyone else reads them and plays the same or exploits it, I think it is just better to play a bunch of hands and come up with your own strategy. IDK, I learned to play as a kid from a card hustling and magician father, kinda blessed that way. But yeah, i read a book on strategy and damn near threw it cause the crap it tried to teach was just bs imo. the math is simple, and the starting hands are crap, unless you want to win the min, or lose the max. You know, there is one book actually i could say was good, PokerTells, basically how to read body language, that is the best poker teaching wise i have read, but isn't suited to online play either, anyways, good luck.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Well billy maybe you have read a poor selection of poker books. I wouldn't say they are all bad just because you read a few crappy ones. If someone is just starting out playing the game then reading a good book can ramp up their knowledge of the game very quickly compared to just playing hands and trying to randomly figure it out.

thnx for the list of books to read

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    All the Gordon books that I read were pretty good ... its a good choice. If you continue to get books you'll fine that there is a lot of overlap.
    Yeah, that is kind of expected, given they are all the same topic. And I do agree, with any self help books, you pick and choose what you would like to try to perfect. No one can do it all at once.

PokerOwned Veteran
    anyone read Kill Phil series? How would you compare to Harrington?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12