Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66167.73

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

Pocket pair pre flop

I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to handle pocket pairs 10 and under pre flop.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    its a gut thing, go with how you feel about the hand

PokerOwned Veteran
    Well, i don't raise the pot unless im setting in the cut-off seat, or on the button. Anywhere else and i just call.If i hit a set i'm in,if not i'll fold to a healthy bet,according to what hits the board of course.

PokerOwned Veteran
    it all depends, but if unraised I might raise it, or sometimes i might even fold if in an early position, also depends on chip stack and how the other players have been playing.

PokerOwned Master
    i fold them most of the time unless i'm in the CO or button and it gets folded round, unless i'm short but generally in tourneys/sit n gos then no set no bet. most cash games i'll raise them though and fire at least one street.

Seasoned Veteran
    Wait, how many people are at the table? In the hand already? Unraised pot? Any pair? Cash game?
    My general default feeling is 77-10 or maybe 88-10 ok to raise if you are first in the pot and hijack+1 or better.

Experienced Member
    Call if the price isn't to high and if you flop your set your probably favorite if not just fold and loose 1 big blind

PokerOwned Veteran
    So many variables. Generally I limp into the hand and hope for under cards or trips. Sometimes I shove. Sometimes I play them like a big hand. There is no one size fits all play with these hands. Play them different ways and see what works for you.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    all depends on chip stack and position!! i like to raise them personally!

Seasoned Veteran
    Absolutely personal preference on this one. If it is late in the tournament and I have five times the big blind or under, then likely I would shove with this hand in any position. It depends on the stage of the tournament just as much as position to answer this question wholly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast