Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,031

BTC Rate: $12511.51

NKGB13

Lessons learned for Beginners - Whatch out!

Hi Guys, took this text from another forum. But worth reading.

Don't you ever try to re-gain the money you lost on Poker.. you will definitely loose more and more money!

"Ahh.. where do I begin...
    Well, I didn't watch poker on ESPN or get influenced by any rich pro poker player like durrr or Phil Ivey. It started few months ago, I was a good kid never seriously gambled in my life except few cash games in snooker rooms. I hated gambling to be honest.
    One night I was introduced to this video game called Governor of Poker, once i started playing it, I was like hooked to it. Whenever I had time I would just sit down for hours and finally managed to beat the game. After that I was convinced that I was good enough to try some hand in online poker.

Once I opened my first account in poker stars, it seriously blew my mind with all the cash games, tournaments and everything. Thought I could double my cash easily,but I didn't know it was very fierce competitive world. I instantly deposited $10 and started playing sit and go games. I would win 1 out of 5/6 games, my target was to reach $100 on my bankroll. But I was depositing more and more to reach my goal. And then I realized I had deposited more than $1000 within a few weeks on pokerstars. After that pokerstars suspended my account forever saying my account is "High Risk" for them but didn't give me any reason for the suspension. I wrote them several times, their reply was same, it was final decision. But now I don't blame them, may be their decision stopped me from further wasting my money.

But I was not satisfied, after loosing that much, I wanted it all back, whether it may take me 6 months / 1 year or more. So I opened my account in 888, I tried fulltilt first but it is seized by government or something, so I decided to stick with 888. This time I was more serious, I downloaded and read many poker books to enhance my game, I learned about many pro poker players, spent hours watching hi-level games on youtube and live games of pro players. I made my first $10 deposit on 888, started playing cash games 0.5/0.10, within 3 days my bankroll was $30. But I was also playing tournaments with $1-$3 buyins, I know it needs real luck to win tournaments, but I wanted my money back as quickly as possible. So i think I have wasted my bankrolls on thoese games. After playing like 8/15 tournaments, I did went up to top 50, 3 times and once reached on final table. Again I was back to cash games 0.5/0.10.. and again I am depositing more often. Several times I sat down hours with $10 for better hand, I try to play very few hands, but it's my luck or whatever.. I get thrash cards.

I fail to build my bankroll everytime. I am not addicted to these games, I know I have enhanced my game, I can honestly say I am better than many other players out there. I am not addicted to game now, I have better things for entertainment. I just shut it off whenever I tilt. And I Sometimes think of quitting, but I not a quitter. No I never gambled my grocery money or borrowed friends money to gamble. No I dont have dreams of becoming top players, I just want my cash back and then I can think of conclusion after that. But I am just worried on a long run.. I might just go broke someday if it continues."

Quick question, this is the closest thread to my question that I can find, sorry. I’m looking for anyone that has any information on whether importing hands from a site like hhdealer.com into PT4 or HM2 will give you an advantage, like on Stars or PartyPoker? Any information would be helpful, thanks guys!

lessons for beginning players? ohh no, you don't start like that!

If you begin in poker, please just begin in a freeroll, don't put money in poker if you are not able to win free cash!

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoozz View Post
    lessons for beginning players? ohh no, you don't start like that!

If you begin in poker, please just begin in a freeroll, don't put money in poker if you are not able to win free cash!
    I started like that. Got good winning 0.02 USD from PartyPoker...
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Experienced Member

That advice was really helpful.

Thank you for thinking about the begineers

This is an important reminder. Poker now-a-days is a sport, a profession, but only for those who can understand the importance of studying the game and the importance of not throwing money away if you aint good.

I deposited $ 40 within PokerStars and reach a bankroll of $ 150 but then lost it all in the spin and go tournaments. But playing live cash I do better than the Internet. On the Internet you lose control.

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NKGB13 View Post
    Hi Guys, took this text from another forum. But worth reading.

Don't you ever try to re-gain the money you lost on Poker.. you will definitely loose more and more money!

"Ahh.. where do I begin...
    Well, I didn't watch poker on ESPN or get influenced by any rich pro poker player like durrr or Phil Ivey. It started few months ago, I was a good kid never seriously gambled in my life except few cash games in snooker rooms. I hated gambling to be honest.
    One night I was introduced to this video game called Governor of Poker, once i started playing it, I was like hooked to it. Whenever I had time I would just sit down for hours and finally managed to beat the game. After that I was convinced that I was good enough to try some hand in online poker.

Once I opened my first account in poker stars, it seriously blew my mind with all the cash games, tournaments and everything. Thought I could double my cash easily,but I didn't know it was very fierce competitive world. I instantly deposited $10 and started playing sit and go games. I would win 1 out of 5/6 games, my target was to reach $100 on my bankroll. But I was depositing more and more to reach my goal. And then I realized I had deposited more than $1000 within a few weeks on pokerstars. After that pokerstars suspended my account forever saying my account is "High Risk" for them but didn't give me any reason for the suspension. I wrote them several times, their reply was same, it was final decision. But now I don't blame them, may be their decision stopped me from further wasting my money.

But I was not satisfied, after loosing that much, I wanted it all back, whether it may take me 6 months / 1 year or more. So I opened my account in 888, I tried fulltilt first but it is seized by government or something, so I decided to stick with 888. This time I was more serious, I downloaded and read many poker books to enhance my game, I learned about many pro poker players, spent hours watching hi-level games on youtube and live games of pro players. I made my first $10 deposit on 888, started playing cash games 0.5/0.10, within 3 days my bankroll was $30. But I was also playing tournaments with $1-$3 buyins, I know it needs real luck to win tournaments, but I wanted my money back as quickly as possible. So i think I have wasted my bankrolls on thoese games. After playing like 8/15 tournaments, I did went up to top 50, 3 times and once reached on final table. Again I was back to cash games 0.5/0.10.. and again I am depositing more often. Several times I sat down hours with $10 for better hand, I try to play very few hands, but it's my luck or whatever.. I get thrash cards.

I fail to build my bankroll everytime. I am not addicted to these games, I know I have enhanced my game, I can honestly say I am better than many other players out there. I am not addicted to game now, I have better things for entertainment. I just shut it off whenever I tilt. And I Sometimes think of quitting, but I not a quitter. No I never gambled my grocery money or borrowed friends money to gamble. No I dont have dreams of becoming top players, I just want my cash back and then I can think of conclusion after that. But I am just worried on a long run.. I might just go broke someday if it continues."
    I just recognized myself here...im worry for that guy it sucks

Experienced Member
    Wow that sucks, I am beginning and I think sticking to freerolls is the best option for now. If I make money off the freerolls, then I can just use that money to play.