Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $60810.71

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HU Advice

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Cool HU Advice

My advice for playing HU.

1: Within the first couple of hands, raise on your button w/any two cards. The goal of this is to see how your opponent will react.

2:However your opponent reacts, set your play to the opposite.

3: Take weird lines of betting. For example, if you flop trips, Check-Call, Check-Call, 1/3,2/3 of the pot.

4: People bluff a lot. So don't give up that easily, Especially on the River if the action has been light.

5: Play within your BR restrictions.

6:ALWAYS KEEP YOUR OPPONENT ON HIS TOES.

7: Do not fear betting out-of-position on dry flops.

8: My standard Continuation bet is 2/3 pot. Do this often. But i would recommend 2/3+ most of the time, 1/2 or less looks weak to most players.

9: I will say this, If you're like me, and you play an aggressive HU game, you won't always get the jump on your opponent, and you won't always run over people the way you want to. So if you lose 1-3 hands and your Aggro play is not panning out, SLOW DOWN. Limp from the button, fold your Blind to some raises. Look to actually make a hand and play a-b-c poker. At that point, it's about all you can do. Alright, Alright, due to a conflict in the responses, I'm going to make an extra note on this: If you cannot slow down, and aggression is also not working, then play fit/fold. And another note: This point is the most controversial. So I make special emphasis on this that it's just my opinion

10: IMPORTANT: THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINIONS, EXPERIENCE IS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN REALLY IMPROVE YOUR GAME
    Last edited by GottImHimmel; 05-27-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: More points to be added
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

PokerOwned God
    go advice dude, i actually use about 5 of 7 of your points...gl
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

PokerOwned God
    Very good advice indeed. When it gets to heads up there is a whole lot of bluffing.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    ALWAYS C BET any flop... Think its hilarious how many ppl raise button flop is dry and just check and give it up. 90% of the time you can take it down with simple C bet or a small float bet on turn even.

Ive seen it time after time after time and think its pretty funny.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Yea, this is great advice. You dont want to be predictable in this so your opponent knows where you are at. Playing tight will really hurt HU so obv aggressive is the way to go. You don't want to be spewy but make your opponent think you are-you'll be able to take advantage of a lot of pots and get your opponent to make mistakes.

Thanks for the responses, I just added another point. Hopefully more of you will respond with good advice, and I might add it to the main thread as a point.
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Also never limp the button... You giving position away and not showing any hand strength. I dont care if you have 72 off you should atleas min raise. If your opponent 3 bets make the fold.... Your setting this up for a bigger hand down the road and will win more pots then you lose if you understand what your doing.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpettit2 View Post
    Also never limp the button... You giving position away and not showing any hand strength. I dont care if you have 72 off you should atleas min raise. If your opponent 3 bets make the fold.... Your setting this up for a bigger hand down the road and will win more pots then you lose if you understand what your doing.
    I think you can limp a few % of the time, but yea almost never limp. Ive seen Gus Hansen limp a lot playing HU and its worked fairly well for him. But thats prolly from the deeper stack events.

I disagree Mpettit2, If you've been playing aggro and then lose 1 or 2 hands, it's often correct to slow down by limping.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    thank you very good advice I hope to get lucky in the HU

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast