Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64202.36

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HU Advice

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wwwrungood View Post
    Yea, this is great advice. You dont want to be predictable in this so your opponent knows where you are at. Playing tight will really hurt HU so obv aggressive is the way to go. You don't want to be spewy but make your opponent think you are-you'll be able to take advantage of a lot of pots and get your opponent to make mistakes.
    I would think, but the best player I played so far was paulDKid on PokerStars and the reason I say this is because he accepted the fact that he couldn't outplay me in terms of bluffing or being lucky so he worked HIS strategy by playing extremely tight and VERY aggressively raising my semi-bluff attempts at making the nuts. Most of the time and, by the time I had the nuts, he'd simply throw his hand away like it meant nothing, lol. After about 15 successful bluffs and 15 unsuccessful semi-bluffs, the odds of me breaking even weren't in my favour for the latter variance since my bluffs yielded very little. He's currently 2w-1l vs. me so I have to try him out again in the near future. The time I did win was when he had pocket kings vs. my up-and-down straight draw.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Seasoned Veteren
    Great advice, nice of you to share for free!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    thanks alot of people bluff if you call them then raise they will drop out

PokerOwned Pro
    be aggresive! its what i do im not sayin it works all the time but most times it does

aggresive its the best strategy but try to be conservative not aggresive by wasting ur chips

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Bottom Line..

In a Heads Up TURBO aggression is absolutely KEY #1.

YOU NEVER LIMP THE BUTTON UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I dont care if the guy is 3 betting you light every freaking hand. Your setting yourself and him/her up for disaster down the line. THINK ABOUT IT.

Playing player a (who is a nit) your going to steal his button and blinds when he 3 bets you know his range is strong and simply outplay post-flop or just keep taking blinds until he has to stick in with ace rag ect.

Playing player b (3 bet anything) your able to 4 bet on a bigger range and simply protect your button more easily.

LIMPING THE BUTTON just puts YOURSELF in more terrible position. Heads up is strictly all about position and controlling your button. If someone wants to disagree with that then you probably shouldnt be playing HU turbos since you absolutely dont understand what is going on.

I love playing agaisnt players who will open button first two hands and fold to any 3 bet or c bet on flop

THEN THEY SLOW DOWN on the BUTTON. ITS JUST HILARIOUS. They are saying 1 of 2 things.

a.) Im scared and going to be more passive since I just lost 200 chips.

b.) I need to slow down...

Both of these are exactly what gets ANY new HU turbo player in horrible decisions/spots. Any regular or player who has put in and studied the HU turbos knows that we prey on people like this. Its just easier and more positive ev for us game after game.

Key is to be consistent in HU turbos. If your going to limp the button (which is wrong) then do it every hand dont change for anything. If your going to protect your button (min raise or raise every button no matter what).

This only puts more and more pressure on an opponent and they have no idea what your opening with or your range and your able to figure theres out in about 3-4 hands if you understand it.

Ive said enough if anyone thinks this is wrong just look it up in the millions of HU Turbo strat threads on 2+2 and you will see that YOU SHOULD NEVER LIMP the button.

PokerOwned Veteran
    good advice i hope play with you gl in the tbls

PokerOwned God
    i have limp with aa before anticipating you to raise and then i shove, so dont think all limpers are weak..just a thought

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gametime74 View Post
    i have limp with aa before anticipating you to raise and then i shove, so dont think all limpers are weak..just a thought
    Limping with AA is soooo stupid in turbo... Why would you allow your opponent a free flop if he doesn't raise with a wider range.. And by limping then shoving is stupid and not great value any decent player is able to smell that and lay down kq or small pp... You guys don't and aren't thinking about this logically.. If these were not turbos sure you could limp and simply outplay being these are turbos blinds and protection is key. If your limping your just giving away your position and putting no pressure on your oppent and making it harder on you.

This shouldn't even be up for discussion. If your limping the button just shows your a lower end hu turbo player that truly doesn't understand different spots.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Regulars just love playing players that are afraid to use the button and don't use the button to put them in tougher spots... Just go watch one of a million videos or threads by these players and they will ALL tell you this within two minutes of the video starting. Dragthebar.com has a million for you guys. Start there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast