Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64149.98

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HU Advice

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GottImHimmel View Post
    I disagree Mpettit2, If you've been playing aggro and then lose 1 or 2 hands, it's often correct to slow down by limping.
    That is ONE OF THE BIGGEST BEGINNER MISTAKES EVER....

YOU SHOULD NEVER LIMP THE BUTTON AGAINST ANYONE IN HEADS UP TURBO.

Even if its a min raise.. do it.

Think about it logically... By slowing down and limping your giving a.) your position away which is HUGE in turbo b.) your showing no hand strength whatsoever and allowing him to have more range pre.

I can give you about 15 different scenarios of why you NEVER limp or slow down. If these were deep and 10 min levels sure. But these are turbos.

I prey on people like you that just limp and slow down after 3 rounds cause your timid. You give me an extra button each time so Im able to simply open range and outplay you pre/post flop.

I probably shouldnt be giving this information away.. But limping the button is beginner mistake number 1 in any heads up turbos.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree Mpettit.
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree Mpettit.
    Would you like me to show you about 15-20 different places where it says your a complete donk if your limping the button and slowing down in turbo hu's. This is coming from roughly 8-12 heads up pro videos online.

By limping the button and slowing down your just giving an edge to an opponent. And personally I LOVE IT.. ITS JUST FREE MONEY. Im about to open range pre take advantage of there position and simply outplay them.

Alright Mpettit. You have this image that I slow down all the time. Quite the opposite, All i am saying is that you might want to go into fit/fold mode if you aren't confident with how things are going.
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

PokerOwned Veteran
    When I get heads up I'm looking to trap more. Your opponent is usually more aggressive and easier to trap.

Elite PokerOwned Member RWPFhero's Avatar
    Good Advice GottImHimmel, Thank You. Heads up is truly a different game.

Thanks for all of the responses, keep them coming!

Banned
    there's no strategy against "flop, turn... river.....".........

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    The only way I limp is to make his range mine. If he knows I check the nuts from flop to river, it increases my range by playing a derivative of positioning..

My advice: Play YOUR game and always be ready to fold AA.
    Last edited by eqgh5uea; 05-27-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Alright Mpettit. You have this image that I slow down all the time. Quite the opposite, All i am saying is that you might want to go into fit/fold mode if you aren't confident with how things are going.
    I actually agree with you...
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast