Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63934.56

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Cool How to Keep the Bankroll Growing

Hi guys, My name is Reece, A.k.A GottImHimmel, I'm an amateur poker player of 3 or so years. Before Full Tilt went under, I had $1,100 at one point. Before I go on,I'd like
    to say " I have NEVER deposited on an online poker site " I know how to make money without! However, keeping that BR growing seems to be an issue of mine.

So my status: I'm now a CarbonPoker player ( DerGottImHimmel1 ) and I have as of now a $58 BR. I play often in the Pokerowned hosted freerolls. I have won 90% of the money from tournaments, I am mainly a tournament player indeed.

So I ask from one amateur to another - What is the best strategy to continue growing the Bankroll? Although I am a successful tournament player, we all know how often you won't cash, no matter how good you are! I don't excel at cash games, although with time and patience I can keep my own.

I hope to get some interesting suggestions, I don't wanna blow my free BR!

Thanks to the PokerOwned site for getting my CarbonPoker BR started.

There's a good site that offers some pretty good free bankrolls from time to time. "BankrollMob" is the name of it.

PokerOwned Veteran
    playing in tournaments that are only 5 percent of your br. If you double then increase your stakes if you lose half lower your stakes. Just a suggestion since i too have this problem of maintaining a BR.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Yeah, taketherake offers good advice. I personally do not play above 4% of my roll EVER, and try to keep it in the 1-2% range unless there is a really juicy tourney with overlay or something. I like the OP have never deposited at any site. I'm currently sitting on a little over $1,600 at Carbon, but it took me about 2 years to build it to that from 0. Play lots of freerolls and then only buy in for a small percentage of your bankroll. If you are a winning player, the roll will increase bit by bit.

I really don't have any advice,,,except when you go on a down swing try to recognize it and maybe play lower stakes. I consider myself an okay tournament player,,,, but really suck at cash ring games...
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned Master
    if the carbon tourneys didnt suck so much i would play more of em, but i have been having some decent success on low stakes cash tables lately
    Last edited by dbbc_0169; 07-11-2011 at 09:51 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    lol shure guys i somewhat like bankroll mob but when it came down to it i never got my money lol

nice thanks guys

PokerOwned Veteren
    ive been steadily building my bankroll at merge...I really enjoy the $2.00 + .20 10 man SNG's (I prefer the normal speed than turbos but will play both)...but for the most part I get 4-8 ten man SNG's going at once (a few Fast Fifty's ($.60), a Dollar Dazzler and/or 18 man Turbo Pritchard room (both $1.10), and finally a few at Dolphin Room ($2.20))....key thing is to keep playing in the freerolls here...hopefully i can build my stack so i can regularly enter the small rebuys as well as the $5.50 and $11 tourneys no rebuys when there is guaranteed money

PokerOwned Pro
    yea i like what forgotten boy has to say about it ... but not multi tabling . i can only do 1 or 2 at a time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast