Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63810.57

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how dumb am i?

Private

how dumb am i?

so, this is on the bubble in a freeroll ive got 13 bb i want to do more than just get in the money, but getting paid is important too. is this a really bad thing to do?
    Table 186 - 1500/3000 Ante 400 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:21:51 ET - 2010/11/30
    Seat 1: IIIIZZYIIII (13,568)
    Seat 3: billybottletop (79,990)
    Seat 4: folsomdude (34,264)
    Seat 5: THISTLETBB (144,269)
    Seat 6: STANSYERMAN (65,683)
    Seat 8: 1pickpocket2 (56,720)
    Seat 9: natali1822e (211,920)
    IIIIZZYIIII antes 400
    billybottletop antes 400
    folsomdude antes 400
    THISTLETBB antes 400
    STANSYERMAN antes 400
    1pickpocket2 antes 400
    natali1822e antes 400
    natali1822e posts the small blind of 1,500
    IIIIZZYIIII posts the big blind of 3,000
    The button is in seat #8
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to folsomdude [Td Tc]
    billybottletop calls 3,000
    folsomdude raises to 33,864, and is all in
    THISTLETBB folds
    STANSYERMAN folds
    1pickpocket2 folds
    natali1822e has 15 seconds left to act
    natali1822e folds
    IIIIZZYIIII has 15 seconds left to act
    IIIIZZYIIII folds
    billybottletop calls 30,864
    folsomdude shows [Td Tc]
    billybottletop shows [Ah As]
    *** FLOP *** [4d 6c Js]
    *** TURN *** [4d 6c Js] [Qc]
    *** RIVER *** [4d 6c Js Qc] [2d]
    1pickpocket2: haha
    folsomdude shows a pair of Tens
    billybottletop shows a pair of Aces
    billybottletop wins the pot (75,028) with a pair of Aces
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 75,028 | Rake 0
    Board: [4d 6c Js Qc 2d
    Seat 3: billybottletop showed [Ah As] and won (75,028) with a pair of Aces
    Seat 4: folsomdude showed [Td Tc] and lost with a pair of Tens

Zab
    Overplayed your hand sir.. I think if you raise back then he re-raises you at least know your hand is beat or AT BEST a coin flip.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

deletetest3
    Uh ya, TT and you push 30k chips into prolly a 6k pot. Not a good play there

Private
    i had been a lot shorter, but stayed in by just shoving every couple of rounds, picking up blinds and antes. i think i got a lil overexcited as that was the biggest hand i had in an hour or so.

I definately would have called to see the flop off a 3k bet preflop. If i had a little more info on the table and how the preflop play had been playing i might have reraised too see if i got a call raise or shove. From there you could have seen a flop off a call, folded to a shove no way am i calling a 3 bet shove with tens. Or you coulda put more feeling into a raise again alot of that comes from what you observed at the table previously.

^^ Diablo 2 thing.. I spent many years of my life pissing off people on hardcore.^^

Private
    I can't argue with your play there. you were getting pretty short on blinds and 1010 is not a bad hand to push with hoping you don't get called and you increase your stack almost 50%. You have to weigh your options with the players. if you were stealing blinds quite a bit then you might get a preflop call and have to be prepared for a coin flip situation. You have to take more than just your hand into play. You have to take how the table has been playing and any image you have have developed into play as well

Seasoned Veteran
    what wwere you thinking any 1 in there right mind woulda folded next time think of what the other player is goy before you do this again

Private
    yes, i also think you overplayed your hand. But hey it happens to the best of us. I wouldve put a small raise out there to test the waters and if i am reraised a huge amount i would feel good that they have a good drawing hand or a higher Pocket pair. Just gotta learn from your mistakes i guess

another thing i forgot to mention, you were UTG +2? and flat shoved your whole stack with tens? limp em at that point there good for a limp and a call not a immidiate shove before you even kno what others did.. Maybe closer to the button but even then you easily coulda got 8th with what was left of the other guys chip stack.

^^ Diablo 2 thing.. I spent many years of my life pissing off people on hardcore.^^

There's really nothing much you can do with pocket 10's where the blinds are that high.

Just got unlucky, has nothing to do with being dumb.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast