Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63934.56

PokerOwned Veteran

Having trouble playing with leads

Often I shoot up to the top of chip leaders only to throw it away with bad plays. This has been happening frequently, and any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

igor23

yea, figure what you consider good starting hands and stick to it.... playing bad or borderline starting hands will get you into hands that you wind up chasing and missing.....or getting part of it with a bad kicker,,,,, just my thoughts,,,
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned God
    If I get a huge lead I tend to sit back and only play premium hands, unless I feel I can bet big and get some folds and steal some chips that way. With a huge lead, let the game come to you, you really don't need to push the action.

PokerOwned God
    I guess Steve is right, but I also have to learn this. Sometimes when I am in lead I have the feeling I have to put pressure on the other players. But thta didnīt worked for me...

Elite PokerOwned Member Bastian2607's Avatar
    Play as Tight as you can when your in the lead Mate ! Play only the Premium Hands

ya when in lead that gives you the advantage to place tight as possible usually limp pps limp ak aq aj a10 kq suits only but never pay to much on the low end hands like a10 suited isnt really that good so ez muck to the right bet

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I would play tight after I obtained a good chip count by playing premium hands

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Play as Tight as you can when your in the lead

PokerOwned Veteran
    Thanks for the advice, I don't only play premiums when I have a chip lead, I guess it goes back to that "what the big stack should do is push people around" advice I received early on while learning. Thanks again,
    igor23