Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63572.89

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chop & Straddle

I always like to chop unless it is a bad beat jackpot possible hand. Straddling is so stupid in my opinion.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    the truth that they are terms that I never heard in my life

Elite PokerOwned Member MrPokerVerse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nut29 View Post
    Chop is when nobody calls preflop and it is down to the small blind and the big blind where they have the option to take back their blinds and the hand is void...I always do that unless there is a bad beat jackpot and you I have a bad beat possible hand. A straddle is where the person to the right of the big blind buys the big blind and posts double of the big blind.
    Person to the left of the BB, it is a blind bet with min. 2X. Hoping to discourage action, anyone with a strong hand in LP still has advantage. Its not common but on some tables that are tight and have a lot of limpers just coming in to see flops it has some advantages. IMO you paying more to play a hand still in bad position.
    Last edited by MrPokerVerse; 04-19-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    "When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience." anonymous quote

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by ten99 View Post
    I always like to chop unless it is a bad beat jackpot possible hand. Straddling is so stupid in my opinion.
    Straddling has its advantages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12