Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63402.18

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Calculating Poker Odds

This is how I work out my odds while playing poker (number of outs multiplyed by 2)

I realize this only a rough guide and im sure alot of people started out this way but i would now like to learn to calculate the odds more accurately without using an odds calculator.can anyone give advice on where to go or what books or articles dicuss this in an easy to understand way?or does anyone know any way kind of formula for working this out?

Getting to know your opponents (which is impossible in large site freerolls) is crucial to success. What are the tendencies of your opponents? Are you playing forum games or random site sng's? Cash tables are a whole different beast. What is your goal?

Private
    You just have to count how many cards can improve your odds. But there are false odds too, be careful. If you have TJ, flop 988, other guy has QQ, if you aount Q as a good card for you it's a false odd.

Private
    use math and picture what your opponents have got, then try work out the best way of attack

Sergeant
    when i play you have to use math and probabilty...but the donks dont...and they can donk out on you...like i got dealt 3's....i flop a set...i raise guy re-raises..i go all in...he calls with middle pair...and we split pot cause rivered a straight on the board...

Sergeant
    You hit the flop well and hold a strong hand.You should bet....dont let anyone catch up...trapping can lead to trapping yourself...ppl fish and catch alot online...dont give them that opportunity

Sergeant
    Your hand totally misses the board....You have nothing, so you should check and fold. Another possibility is to bluff....but if bluffing know when to fold....

Sergeant
    The third possibility is that you currently do not hold a strong hand, but it is possible for you to make a strong hand if the turn or river brings you a good card. This situation is known as "drawing."........In this situation, a spade will make you a flush, and an Ace or King will bring you top pair........

Corporal
    Chip sizes is more important than card's odds. Sometimes you just dont have a chance to see next card.

Private
    First of all, outs calculation should only be used when the situation you're in is likely to occur multiple times (e.g. in a cash game where the blinds stay the same). This is because when they do happen again and you make the right choices, you profit overall. But in a tournament, where the blinds change, its more about waiting for a better spot and survival. If the odds are right too call (e.g. 1000 into a 5000 pot on a flush draw after the flop), but your stack is 2500 and you're likely to have to stick it all in after the turn, its better to fold. This is because you can always wait for a better spot to stick your chips in. In a cash game, your stack doesn't matter because you can rebuy as many times as you want and if you get into the same situation again, you'll hit the flush about once in 3 times.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast