Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71125.27

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flipping Cards Over......

I play poker live about 2-3 times week around my area, and I have noticed a frequency in players not wanting to flip their cards over at the end of the hand...( I know, its sounds crazy) For instance, Two players call each other down to the river or a player goes all in on the flop or turn. When the hand is over, there are two player debating on who is going to show their hand... What is the official rules when it comes to showing your hand at the end of play?

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I dont know the official rules but its obviously different than tournaments. And dont think its that crazy when players dont show their cards. Whenever i play live, this happens a lot and ive gotten used to it. Usually if you have the winner or a good hand, that player flips their cards over. When players dont flip their cards, it usually when they missed and dont think they have the best hand. Their either say nice hand or just muck their hand and the winner has to show the cards. When players dont show their cards and none of the players muck, I think the dealer has to step in and say flip them over.

I always show my cards when the opponent shows and most times dont show if the opponent doesnt show. But usually ill just ask what the other has and then pray i dont get slow rolled lol. I think cash games need to have the same rules that tournament poker has and you have to show when you are all in. The only variation would be if player a mucks, then player b wins and player a doesnt have to show but player b still does.

I feel the same way rungood, the rules for flipping hands over should be the same as tournys... One house game i go to often, has a "Show The Drama rule" in which tourny rules are used when showing hands... thanks for the imput....

PokerOwned Veteran
    i like that show the drama rule .if a player is pushing ya to the hilt maybe to the point i fold show it man lol good rule ...

I believe the official rule is that the last person to bet or raise has to be show. I'm not usually very patient, and don't really mind showing my cards in this situations, so if there is some hesitation from everyone else, I go ahead and show my crap and usually other players will follow my lead. I started doing that after mucking a terrible hand that would have actually won, I think I had an 8 high, but it would have been the best hand!

If I'm not mistaken, the person getting called has to show
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wagon596 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the person getting called has to show
    you are correct, the person who bet last shows

That is strange. I knoticed that too that some players dont want to turn their cards over.

Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar
    I dont like giving out info in a for lack of better term "real game" unless its 100% has to be done i've been at showdown before and dealer has to make the rightful person show cards first and it takes two cards to win you must show them both playing live at showdown if it comes to that, but most the time live every hand played does not go to showdown like it does online lot looser style on here

PokerOwned God
    Some players are just superstitious. Like Sammy Farha. I think the rule is if both don't want to show and get convince the other, the dealer will force both to show. Or the floor manager.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast